Chapter 43

On the other side, Ying Mohua's assistant handed him a piece of information and respectfully said, "Boss, the investigation about the development of Xia's enterprise over the past ten years is here."

Ying Mohua flipped through the information. His gaze fell on the last few pages and he said, "In recent years, their family seems to be very close to the Song family." 

"Song and Xia's families are old friends," the assistant seemed to have also checked the Song family and answered immediately, "I heard that the two families were connected by married a few months ago."

"Marriage?" Ying Mohua's eyebrows tightened, "Xia Liang got married?" 

"It's not Xia Liang but his brother Xia Lin who married Song Yan, the only son of the Song family."

Ying Mohua was startled, "I remember. It seems that China has not passed the same-sex marriage law yet, right?" 

"Yes. The wedding banquet organized by the Song and Xia families caused quite a stir at that time."

Ying Mohua laughed, "I haven't heard of such an interesting thing. It's really ignorant." 

"The boss seemed to have just returned to the United States at that time so you missed this incident."

"Perhaps." Ying Mohua said, "I used to hear my mother say that the older generation in China were rigid and conservative. Unexpectedly, this time they opened their eyes."

 The assistant smiled and said, "I heard that for these two families to get married, Xia Liang, the elder brother, did a lot of work. That family wedding banquet was also organized by Xia Liang."

Ying Mohua showed a slightly surprised look and said, "This Xia Liang really makes me more and more interested." 

He then shook off his assistant and began to look through the information carefully.

Half an hour later, he called his assistant, "You mentioned in the information that his father switched his main market from overseas to domestic four years ago. Is it because of the large losses of several branches in the United States? "

"Yes," the assistant said, "Although four years have passed, the losses of those branches have not been fully equalized and there are still some tails left." 

Ying Mohua narrowed his eyes slightly, "Then...just think of a way to drag them back."

"Boss, what do you mean...?" The assistant listened respectfully.

"Go find the heads of their branches in the U.S. and throw them some bait," Ying Mohua said in a gentle and authentic Chinese language, "Be careful to hide your identity and use tactful methods."

The assistant replied and at the same time a little puzzled, "But boss, if you do this, I'm afraid that Xia Liang will be unhappy." 

Ying Mohua laughed, "When the beauty is driven to the absolute path and the hero saves the beauty, he will be grateful to you, right?"

The assistant quickly flattered, "The boss is wise." 

In the next few months, Ying Mohua seemed to disappear and did not disturb Xia Liang's life. Gradually, Xia Liang also forgot that call.

After Xia Lin talked to Xia Liang on the phone last time, the husband and wife were a lot more at peace. Even if they talked on the phone occasionally, they didn't mention the meeting again.

The two even took the initiative to protect Xia Liang. Once, the Old Lady Xia went through City D with a group and wanted to stop by to see her grandson, but Xia Lin coaxed her to dispel the idea.

Xia Liang heard about the incident and was grateful. He could not help but secretly reflect whether he should be more honest with his brother, after all...this younger brother is more reliable at the critical moment.

During this period, Zhou Shuo was still running between City B and City D. Although he was too busy, as long as it's the weekend, Zhou Shuo would rush back to the apartment in City D to accompany Xia Liang. In his opinion, the place where Xia Liang is is his home.

And Xia Liang also clearly felt that after several months of intense tempering, Zhou Shuo became more and more comfortable in dealing with some urgent matters and key decisions.

In the past, Zhou Shuo was not very confident in his judgment. He would report work progress to Xia Liang almost every night. Gradually, he was able to judge right and wrong for himself and there were fewer detailed reports.

Later, he asked less. When encountering a major decision, he would first think of a few plans for himself before discussing it with Xia Liang.

Xia Liang felt very pleased with Zhou Shuo's obvious progress. If Zhou Shuo a few months ago was still a child standing under the stairs and looking up at him, the Zhou Shuo now has gradually climbed up the corridor and is about to be shoulder to shoulder with him.

But it was not enough. Xia Liang thought silently in his heart that he was so devoted to cultivating Zhou Shuo. He not only needed Zhou Shuo to stand shoulder to shoulder with him but also needed Zhou Shuo to be fine on his own. He desperately needs Zhou Shuo's help so that the Xia family can go further and broader in their generation.

When Xia Liang was pregnant for more than six months, Ke Mei came to give him a second comprehensive examination.

And this time, in addition to Du Lanze, there was an uninvited guest who politely introduced himself to Xia Liang. 

"Hello Mr. Xia, I am Wen Ping, your attending doctor. From now on, I will be responsible for every check-up until your delivery."

Xia Liang quickly understood that this was the doctor Du Lanze mentioned on the phone last time. Xia Liang nodded at him indifferently. Although it didn't show on Xia Liang's face, Du Lanze brought the person without his prior consent, which made him feel a little unhappy.

"I hope you don't get me wrong." Wen Ping explained with a good temper, seeming to see through Xia Liang's thoughts. "Although we hope to win over a dream teacher like you, if you really don't want to leave your hometown, we will also respect your decision. The most important thing right now is for your child to be born healthy and safe."

Seeing Wen Ping's gentle and sincere attitude, Xia Liang nodded and said, "Then I will trouble Dr. Wen." 

"As you should." Wen Ping paused, "However, I still have a ruthless request."

"Go ahead, Doctor Wen." 

"In the next few months, I will live next door to your apartment so that I can be nearby every day. I hope Mr. Xia can cooperate with me and won't shut me out."

Xia Liang was a little surprised, "You... live next door?" 

"Yes, I have already rented the house." Wen Ping smiled, "I hope Mr. Xia doesn't mind."

Zhou Shuo has been standing behind Xia Liang without speaking. At this moment, seeing Xia Liang hesitate, he persuaded him, "Brother Liang, I can't come back once a week during this period. I can't take care of you all the time. I am also very worried. Why don't we bother Dr. Wen and let him take care of you?"

Xia Liang glanced at Zhou Shuo in surprise. This kid used to be very defensive to everyone but now he is very reasonable. 

Zhou Shuo turned to look at Wen Ping, "Excuse me, Dr. Wen should also be an Omega, right?"

Wen Ping laughed, "It seems that Mr. Zhou is more sensitive to pheromones. I am afraid that Mr. Xia has not yet distinguished my gender, right?"

Xia Liang touched his nose awkwardly. Du Lanze was right. He was indeed not very sensitive to pheromones and he had never really thought about issues from the perspective of ABO's gender. In his opinion, men are men. A woman is a woman.

Wait a minute.....Zhou Shuo accepted Wen Ping so easily. Was he actually trying to find him a girlfriend?