Chapter 23

Xia Liang originally intended to deceive him. He thought that Zhou Shuo would deny it as he did three years ago. 

Unexpectedly, this time, Zhou Shou admitted immediately.

Such Zhou Shuo made Xia Liang feel a little funny but he held back a smile and asked seriously, "Zhou Shuo, have you ever thought that this is most likely an illusion after you were genetically mapped?"

Zhou Shuo looked startled.

Xia Liang continued, "Maybe it's the physique of Alphas and Omegas that caused our pheromones to attract each other and triggered the impulse. But sex is not equal to love. If one day we get rid of the interference of pheromones, you will find that your attraction to me was just an illusion."

The expression in Zhou Shuo's eyes gradually dimmed.

He did not expect that Xia Liang would use his rational thinking to justify himself. He really didn't know whether he was brainwashed by Du Lanze or he deceived himself with the thinking of a straight man.

This made him a little grateful but also very sad.

There have been countless times when he thought of expressing his affection to Xia Liang but he was afraid of being rejected, afraid that they would never be able to get close to each other, and that he would forcibly endure it again.

Two days later, Gu Lixuan signed a contract with the crew of "Remembering Autumn" and the producer of "Remembering Autumn" also promised that he would not let Gu Lixuan see Ji Qin in the crew. 

After that, Li Mo also resigned from his role, expressing that he would retreat with Ji Qin.

When the news reached Gu Lixuan, Gu Lixuan smiled, "I know Li Mo's personality. He will not turn a blind eye to others who suffer because of him."

The agent asked, "Then will we... still pick this project?"

"Wait for a few days before you go and tell the producer that I was temporarily stationed by the company for a period of time and I can't play the male lead of this show. Speak politely and sincerely."

The agent thought to himself, why do all the wicked people do it through me? But he didn't dare to show anything on his face and asked, "What if the crew will look for those two again if we quit?"

"Don't worry. Even if the director is reluctant, the producer is not cheeky enough to find those two again."

The agent took out the signed contract, reviewed the terms again, and prepared his self for negotiating with the producer in a few days.

However, when he saw the penalty for breach of contract, he suddenly opened his eyes. The amount for breach of contract was two zeros more than the agreed amount. It was a sky-high compensation.

The agent was dumbfounded. When they signed the contract, he and Gu Lixuan were both present. He also secretly reminded Gu Lixuan to reconfirm the liability for breach of contract. 

At that time, they did not notice anything wrong with the contract. How come there are two more zeros like a magic trick?

He ran to talk to Gu Lixuan about this. Gu Lixuan was stunned for a few seconds, then came back to his senses, gritted his teeth, and said, "We have been trapped!"

The agent still looked dumbfounded, "What's the matter?"

"Do you remember that at that time we each had a contract with the other party? After signing the contract, the text of the contract was exchanged, and then we signed another. We only paid attention to the terms of the previous contract. When we signed the second contract, because of habitual thinking, no further checks were made."

The agent immediately understood, "The other party has prepared two versions of the contract. They used high liquidated damages to tie us up?"

Immediately he cried and said, "It turns out that the contract is in their hands. They can easily replace the content. Lawsuits will be very detrimental to us."

Gu Lixuan gritted his teeth in anger, wishing to tear the contract in his hand to pieces.

"I, Gu Lixuan have never been overcast before. No, I can't bear this tone."

The agent was busy appeasing him.

"Don't worry, I will ask the company about this matter first and see what the company says."

However, ten minutes later, the agent who came back after the call looked embarrassed.

 "Xiao Xuan, the company stated that the amount of liquidated damages is not small. You are now one of the company's shareholders so you can't look at the company lose a lot of money for this little thing, right?"

Gu Lixuan replied, "People are blatantly calculating on my head, you say it's a trivial matter?"

"Hey, listen to me. I took a closer look. Except for the penalty for breach of contract, the other content has not changed. Moreover, the liability for breach of contract is for both parties and we have not dealt with it. To put it bluntly, the other party is preventing us from breaching the contract. I guess they can see that we have no sincerity in taking the show. If we are not repentant, this contract can't threaten us... So in the final analysis, we are still the first to fall into their trap. "

He paused to observe Gu Lixuan's face then continued, "What's more, the hot search between you and Ji Qin before has had some negative effects. Some people suspect that you are touching porcelain and taking on a younger generation. The company has spent a bit of effort to suppress those issues. I only hope that you will be safe for a while and stop starting new topics, otherwise, it may ruin you. This is not very good for your future development."

Gu Lixuan bit his cheek and asked with a suffocating breath, "Did that person teach you to say these things? Did you call him just now?"

The agent looked a little embarrassed, "I don't want to ask the boss directly but unfortunately, he is on Mr. Wang's side. Hearing Mr. Wang answer the phone, he took the phone directly and I was caught off guard."

"Xiao Xuan, the boss wants what's good for you. You don't need to be angry with him. What's more, this incident was originally because we were at a loss. The company is still helping us with the aftermath. We just have to cooperate and finish the filming of this drama. Anyway, the number of episodes is not long, it can be finished in a few months. When the filming is over and you still can't keep your breath, we will go back and settle the ledger with them, okay?"

Gu Lixuan seemed to be intimidated by the boss and fell silent. After a while, he seemed to have a new idea again and suddenly smiled, "Okay, let me pick it up. I'll pick it up."

As soon as the agent was about to breathe a sigh of relief, Gu Lixuan continued, "However, there is no provision in the contract that no substitutes are allowed. You find two substitutes for me. Except for the face, with a few close-up shots, the rest will be replaced."

Gu Lixuan said, spreading his hands, "Anyway, the crew is trying to tie me down but they just want to borrow my reputation to increase their traffic. If they are dissatisfied with me looking for a substitute, they can terminate the contract if they have the ability."