He came for me again, quickly managing to drop me to the floor on my back again. I saw his foot in front and opportunity struck. I grabbed it with both my hands, lifting my legs over my head to hook them around his knee before pulling him down, landing on his chest with a thump.

I grabbed his hand, wanting to pin it behind his back when he moved, sending the both of us rolling across the mat until he managed to hold my hands on either side of me and secure my hips with his legs.

"You ready to tap out?" Vittore asked from above me and I could hear the females around shouting no.

"Never."

I pulled one leg up and used it to get momentum to thrust one side of my hip in the air and throw Vittore off. I was going for a gogoplata choke, one I was sure he couldn't swindle his way out of when I received a kick too my gut.

I let out a breath, my body immediately caving in. Vittore kicked my side so I fell on my back and the next thing I knew, one of his legs were under either one of my armpits, holding my hands out in a way that made them useless.

Vittore interlocked his fingers and set them under my chin before pulling. I gasped as some of my muscles, mostly in my back were aggressively tagged. Unlike Vittore, I didn't have the strength to stand and lift his fat ass on my shoulders nor could I find a way out of this ninja choke. I tried moving my libs a bit but it just caused me pain until I tapped out.

My hand banged on the mat as fast as I could make it and Vittore instantly let go, my body quickly caving in as I took in a sharp, much needed breath. My body shook from how much the muscles had been put to work and I groaned. Damn.

A hand landed on my arm and I knew who it was right away. The whole room was quiet as if people were afraid to breathe. Hair was pulled from my face and my eyes blinked open, meeting Vittore's dark ones.

"Tesoro. Stai bene (Are you ok)?" Vittore asked. His voice was indifferent but I could hear the worry behind it. That was cute. He cared. I nodded my head quickly, just wanting him to leave me alone to probably die on this mat.

"Alzarsi (Get up)," the man above me coaxed. I did want to stay down here but I let him help me to my feet. People around us started cheering as I stood, mostly the women.

I glanced up, suddenly feeling a bit nervous and shy. I shrunk against Vittore's side, a move I hoped went unnoticed.

"Ok. Ok. Spero che lo spettacolo vi sia piaciuto perché è finito. Torna ad allenarti (Ok. Ok. I hope you enjoyed the show because it is over. Get back to training)," Vittore said loudly and some people chuckled, smiling at me before dispersing from wherever they came, whispering amongst themselves.

"That was odd," I mumbled under my breath, thinking Vittore hadn't heard me but he did.

"They are just impressed," he answered me.

"About what? Me losing?" I grumbled as Vittore guided me towards the stairs, slowly helping me down each one.

"No about you holding your ground. The people here are very good fighters, some professionals but you lasted longer than them when it came to facing their Don."

"You're a cocky motherfucker aren't you?" I asked as we got down the last step, moving to the elevator. "All this easy talk about being the best but you like it don't you," I snorted.

"I do. It among other things..."

I didn't hear what Vittore had mumbled under his breath at the end but decided to just drop it. Probably wasn't important anyways. We got in the elevator and it closed, Vittore putting his thumbprint in the panel as we stood, his hand around my waist holding most of my weight up.

"I've been meaning to ask... how did you get my thumbprint in the system?" I finally spoke up in an accusing tone that caused Vittore to smirk.

"Don't worry much about it tesoro. Just enjoy your freedom."

"You will have to tell me some day you know," I mused. "I am Dona after all."

"How could I forget?" Vittore mumbled, something flashing in his dark eyes. I stared a while longer, taking in his features, one's I was familiar with. I noticed he'd let his beard grow longer.

"You should shave," I pointed out, running a finger over the heavy stubble. "Probably before the mafia convention."

"You mean the convention I'm dressing you up for?"

I shrugged at Vittore's words, having accepted my fate once he got me in that fucking ninja choke. I had trouble holding one before but it was very effective. Him picking the dress just means less stress for me.

The elevator door dinged open and Vittore helped me inside. As soon as we got close to the couches, I pulled myself away from him but Vittore held on, pulling me so my chest met his. I looked up in his dark eyes, my heart hammering.

"Riesci a stare in piedi da solo (Can you stand up on your own)?" Vittore asked causing me to roll my eyes.

"Of course I can. I'm hurt not fucking disabled."

Just to prove my point, I pulled away from him and stood all alone. He sighed and seemed to give up.

"Vai a pulire. Ci preparo qualcosa da mangiare (Go clean up. I'll make us something to eat)," Vittore said before leaning down and planting a tender kiss on my cheek that sent butterflies in my belly and caused my poor heart to beat as fast as it could.

The Italian pulled away, my fingers brushing his skin, savoring the minimal touch we had left until I saw him disappear in the kitchen. I stood still for a while longer, seemingly in shock before shaking my head and making my way upstairs to get cleaned up.

With the state I was in, it was definitely going to take a while.