Trece

*Flashback.*
(I was walking near by a grocery store to see if they had a payphone. I spotted one down the street from me. It was cold and I had a thin jacket and leggings with a pair of sneakers.
Looking in my bag, I had a few cents since cash wasn't allow, I put it in and call uncle Rickey. It took a few rings but he answered.

"Hello? Hello? Who is this?

" Tio rickey? I ask on the verge of crying.

"Angelina? Mija? Are you okay, why are you calling from this number?
Now I was crying as I couldn't hold it in anymore, call me sensitive I don't care.

"R-rosa kicked me out, Christian cheated on me again, and Pa is in jail.. I have nowhere to go".

" Angelina, Amor where are you? He asks worried.

"near 7-Eleven, across the street maybe, I'm in the payphone.

" Stay there mija..
The line ends.

I sit in the little seat provided and lay my head back tired, resting my hands on my stomach.)

"Stay here, don't leave this room". Oscar says rushing in the room, he goes to his drawer and pulls out a gun, turning the safety off.
" What's going on? I ask him in fear.
"ill explain it later..just right now. Wait.
I look at him scared, whst the fuck was happening.

I got up and went to.look out the window, merida.. Gun fight. I duck my head low as shots fire in my room and through the house. I run towards the closer and duck inside, praying as the gunshots ring throughout the house.

A few minutes later it was quiet. Longer then it should've been. I wondered if Oscar and Cesar were okay.
The door was opened, I hear shuffling, then the closet door opened.  I was faced with Sad eyes. He looks around before He grabs my arm helping me up.
I look at him with worried eyes, he looked fine, stressed but better then I imagined.
" Uh we have the go. He seemed livid but who wouldn't. it must've been intense. A gun fight? Definitely intense.

"Where's Oscar? I ask as we leave the room heading out the back door. I faintly heard gun shots start going.
"It's still going.." he whispers. "Stay quiet and follow me..
He still didn't answer my question but I followed him,.looking back out the house now filled with gun shots.. I sigh as he leads me to some alley way.

"Okay you have to go, take my car and don't look back, it'll all be over soon, call me ASAP if someone is following you, or if something's off, suspicious wise.
I look at sad eyes and he pulls me into a tight hug. Why does this feel like a goodbye?
" Be safe. He says lastly before kissing my forehead and rushing me in the car.
I pulled out and looked in the rear mirror of Sad eyes waving, and running back towards the house.
Shit what if Oscar was Injured. He could handle one shot sure but two or three? Fucked. I speed away not looking back but regretting it a bit. I knew they could take care of themselves but Cesars still a baby to me.. My thoughts messed me up, I turned the radio station and look behind me for a seconds. I should've gone to pick up Mani from Geny's house but I don't want to bring her somewhere that isn't safe.
Pulling my phone out, I called Geny and let her know the situation, she agreed it'd be safer for Mani to stay with her, me also, but I didn't know if I had a tail or not so I told her I'd call her back when it's safe.
I worried for Mani, although she wasn't in any danger, I worried for her future..our future.
I still felt as I didn't know how to be a mom. I become one at such a young guy age, when I didn't have time to grow up and at least learn it, felt like it was thrown at me and I was forced to deal. But I loved it, I wouldn't trade Mani for the world, I would do it all again just to have her, she saved me.
I stop at a gas station, now far from freeridge I'm guessing, I've been driving for 30 minutes now and I have no idea where I am.
I get out the car and walk in the gas station. No one was in there other than the tired cash register, he gave a nice smile, which I returned and made my ways through the isles.
I didn't have any cash but my card stuffed into my phone case.
Grabbing a coroña and a few mamba stick I look around me, not really having an appetite.
My phone begins to ring and I quickly answer it hoping it was Oscar.

" Hello? I ask walking around.

"Hey, are you far? I recognized the voice, Cesar. My chest finally exhaled in relief.

" I think so yeah, Are you okay? I was so worried".

"Yeah, I'm fine.. He says a little shaken up.

" Is Oscar okay?  It went quiet for a few seconds, I became more worried, Shit, did he get shot?

"Hey hermosa". It was Oscars Voices. My hand went on my heart and my eyes watered.

"Hey, your okay. I smiled and my breath of relief came finally.

" Yeah I'm fine Amor, Had to make sure my girl was okay.
I smiled at his words.

"I'm okay, I don't exactly know where I am, but Mani is with Geny, she's safe".

We countiue talking and I walk away for a second to grab mani gummy worms. Then I wake up to the counter to pay for the food. Handing him my card before leave the store.

When i make it the car, I lock my doors and sit back for a second.

"Oye, ¿están todos bien? I ask once again still worried about Oscar and Cesar.

"si mi amor estaban bien, don't worry about us, you can come back now, we're all good here". Oscar says on the other end.

"Bueno hasta luego amor. I hang up and pull out the gas station and go back on main road. It was quiet, not many cars if none.
I turn around a second making sure I had no tails before making my way to Geny's house.