III

We were talking all night and having fun that I didn't notice when I fell out. I open my eyes to. Cesar shaking me awake.
"you okay? I ask him. Not sitting up at all.
He smile.
" yeah I just wanted to let you know I'm going to school since....
I follow his eyes and look beside me. Oscar, his Arm around me as he snores quietly. I smile and look back at cesar.
"Have a good day. He nodded and walked out. I lay my head back down Oscars chest and take my 1000th nap.

I hear a phone ringing but I was too tired to get up or bother with it.
I hear Oscar groan and and answer the phone. I didnt hear the other person but I heard simple repsonses like ok,yeah,ill be there. I move my head a little to get more comfortable.
A few minutes later he ended the call. He stood up fully and then picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck softly and he walk to I'm assuming his room. He layed me down on His bed and put the blanket on me. I then hear his footsteps walk towards the door. I sit up.
"where are you going? I ask sleepily.
He turns around.
"meeting, mi amor, there's clothes in the closet and you can take a shower, be careful with the stitches.
I realized I was gonna be home alone, his men aren't here they'll be at the meeting with him and Cesars at school.
" Dont worry amor. He walks over to me and kissed my forehead.
"i won't be long".
I nod and lay down as he walks out. I've been feeling like crap the past couple of days. Oscar told me yesterday he'd remove them in about a week. I'm so ready for these putas to be out.
I go to his closet and get out a white tee and shorts. I then go to cesars room and get socks and a pair of his boxers. Yes I Made sure the were clean...
I go to the bathroom and Turn the shower on. I look in the mirror, my hair was a mess, most of the blood was still there, and I had a black eye. I hop in the shower, All the blood and dirt wash off my body, feeling refreshed I wash my hair. Then braided it into two braids.

I get out putting the new clothes on. My shirt hung above cesars boxes and I decided not to wear Oscars shorts as they were oversized even for him. I walk to the kitchen after brushing my hair and make some cereal.

After eating I wanted fresh air.
I open the door and sit on the porch. It felt great.
I hear a car door open and I look up to see-
"Sad eyes!? I jump up and wrap my arms around him. He was super surprised but hugged me back nonetheless.
We talked for a good hour or two when Oscar came in through the doors with a couple of santos.
"Mi amor, go the room" Oscar ordered.
I got up quickly and went to the room.
He followed me and closed the door behind him.
"is everything okay? I ask worried.
He looked bothered out of it even.
"Angel i need you to stay here, lock the door, don't answer anyone other than sad eyes, me and cesar... Someone in this house is a traitor.
I nod quickly as he seems in a rush.
"it might go down tonight. He says looking back. I sigh.
"Does this have to do with me?" He doesn't answer but I hear movement outside the door.
"stay quiet, dont open the door. He pulls me in and kisses my forehead.

After Oscar left, I turned My light off and his under the bed.
Yelling and shouting was coming outside the door, in the living room maybe.
I hear someone knock on the door. I put my hand to mouth to stop my loud ass breathing.
"no ones in there". I hear a voice say.
" why is it locked?
"Private room.
He fiddled with the locked door again.
" then open it".
There was a long pause then .
Shit. "Go on..
I quitely but quickly get up from under the bed, and look around frantically. A window!
I quickly run over to it and start pulling. That shit was not budging. I heard someone fidelity with the door again but this time it was a key.
It budge last minute and I quietly closed it behind me
As soon as I'm out there I keep running. Streets started to look unnoticeable, until I hit someone. I fall to the ground.
" shit I'm sorry. I say quickly.
"angel?
I look up and see cesar. I get up and hug him tight.
"oh my god cesar.
"What happend are you okay. He asks worries and confused.
" No there's people, in the house. I say out of breath.
"Our house?
" Si!
"Shit. Come on.
I follow Cesar but not into the direction of the house.
We go up to a porch and knock on the door.
"Cesar? A boy ask.
"Ruby there's something going down at the Santos house.. I need to be there, can you keep her for a couple hours.
"yeah sure man.
I look over to cesar.
"Your gonna stay with Ruby until I get back. He tells me.
I nod and wrap my arms around him.
" be safe amor. I say with worry.
He nods and the boy Ruby leads me into his house.
"I'm Ruby. He says closing the door behind me.
" Hola, im Angelina. I greet and introduce myself.
"Mama! He says.
His mother comes in from the kitchen.
" yes Ruben- who's this beautiful girl. She says checking me out.
"Uh cesars friend, can she stay here for a couple hours. He says quickly.
" Yeah ofc! What's your name.
"uh Angelina. I say still nervous.
" ok well dinner will be ready in 20.
I nod and follow ruby to his room as asked.
He sits on his bed, and I cross my legs on the floor.
"So how do you and Cesar know eachother? He asks after a moment of awkward silence.
"he's like my brother, I knew him since he was in diapers. I stop there.
He nods. "Well is it okay if I invite my friends over?
" si its your house you no need to ask.
"Great. He gets up and calls a couple of people.

I sit on the couch as ruby opens the door for his friends.
There was 2 I counted.
They walked in and looked at me.
"Guys this is Angelina.
A boy walks up to me and examines me for a second.
The girl smacked him. "Stop doing that weirdo.
" So is this another olivia? The dude ask. Who's Olivia?
"What? No! She's not my cousin.
"when did you get a girlfriend who was hot for once. the girl ask.
My eyes widen. "No! People! This is Cesar's friend. He says clearly frustrated.
I do a awkward wave.
"oh well on that note, I'm Jamal. He reaches his hand out. I shake it. "Angelina.
" Monse. The girl says sitting next to me.
"Nice to meet you Monse.
"so how do you know Cesar? She said getting straight to the point.