Chapter 16

Hakeem POV

I walked the boys into school and drop them off at class. I say hello to their teacher, my sister is supposed to be teaching them but she took the day off.

I left the class and before I could make it further down a crowd of students came up to me asking for pictures. I took a few and then told them " I know y'all heard that bell stay in school and get that education."

They all scattered away and went back to class. I made my way over to the daycare section. My sister is a teacher so she has the privilege to drop the babies off even though they are two months old.

"Hi good morning I'm here to see Cartier twins."I inform the lady at the front she gives me a paper to sign and then shows me where they are.

"I inform the lady at the front she gives me a paper to sign and then shows me where they are

"Hi uncle babies, I missed y'all." I say while picking them up. They both look just like Keniyah when she was younger. I stay for a couple of hours playing with them and then I headed over towards Cam's house.

I arrive at Cam's an hour later and I walk up to the door and open it because I know his dumb ass left it open.

"Nigga you can't be leaving your shit opened just because you live in a quote-on-quote rich area doesn't mean shit."

"Fuck off "he says while sighing .

"Ass what's wrong with you?"

"Safiya went with ur girl and I ain't got shit to do, I'm also kinda nervous because we both got this big ass secret and we keeping it from our girls. What if they leave when she finds out what we do?"

"Honestly, I don't even know I would probably be heartbroken and stuff but if she doesn't understand I had to do this to protect my family then by all means she gotta go."

"Mayne sometimes you ain't shit you know, always going back to the old Hakeem then to the new one."

"I'm working on it bitch." I flick him off then walk to the back of his house and go down the stairs to our little hangout area.

Certain secrets just can't be spilled till later down in the future or till you're comfortable. When I was 16 years old I had certain responsibilities to figure it out and the only way I could figure them out is by doing gang work.

You may be like oh but you're in the army yeah I am but I took a step down from my position and Cameron took over. Saniyah, Cameron, Jordan, Darren all know and are all a part of it.

Jordan knows as little as possible and I taught him a few tricks and how to defend himself well. I'm not giving my kid a gun but when he is of age he can have one and if he wants to be welcomed into this life he can be.

Darren's business is where we hold one of our many locations. People would never really expect high-end cooperation to have anything sketchy going on so we decided the top floor would be our main area.