Chapter 3

Jordan POV
Dad , auntie Saniyah and I walked into the house and I immediately cast a glare at the young lady on the sofa. My aunt must notice my tense shoulders and whisper "don't worry buddy she won't be here for long."

Upon seeing this woman I notice that she is pretty and all but she just doesn't give me the feelings that speak home . I have seen a couple girls come into my life and leave and I don't want to be put up for disappointment again like the last several times.

She walks over to us and tries to introduce herself but I quickly ignore her and walk away into the kitchen. She mumbles off saying " your kid is rude as fuck maybe I gotta teach him some manners for you since we finna be together babe ." I hear my dad go to speak but I cut him off and say

"I don't know who you are and I quite frankly don't care but one thing you ain't finna do is try to put your hands on me like you're my mother . You and my dad aren't finna be together and I hope you realize this and get it in your thick skull. You are just like the others, a temporary thing."

I see her face drop for a second and then turn to a look of shame. Everyone around is laughing at her , she goes to say something but my dad just takes her hand and luggage and sweeps her out the door. " Make sure I never see you're ass again and don't you ever threaten my kid."

Hakeem POV

Well I can say I'm both shocked and hurt by my son's words. Deep down I know I need to fix this but my thoughts are just bringing me down with every negative thing about falling for someone.

I don't know why but that young lady Keniyah seems to be on my mind and I'm intrigued to get to know her more.

"Aye Jordan did you say the twins are having a birthday party tomorrow." yes sir and I am sorry for my outburst I didn't mean to be rude it just came out." Jordan says avoiding eye contact.

"No need to apologize son I totally understand and I should be the one saying sorry for putting you through this I made you a promise when you were born that I was going to be better for you and I will try" Hakeem stated

"Come on, let's go watch a movie with your aunt before she leaves us to go home " he says while looking down at his son who is smiling at him.

Keniyah POV

The next day

Swipe>>>

Swipe >>>

Swipe >>>

𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚋𝚒𝚜𝚑

𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚋𝚒𝚜𝚑.𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚒 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝟾𝟽𝟶,𝟿𝟾𝟶❤️💬⤴️
Keni.xoxo : I just wanna shout happy birthday to my bundles of joy 😭 ❤ ️ .I just remember yesterday you were born and then jumping all over and causing trouble. I cannot believe you have gotten so big already . My little men, mommy loves you always 🥺.

Datbish.Safi : look at my little cutiessss awwww omg 🥺❤️
_bran.goat : damn my boys really growing up on me only if your mama would let me back in y'all lives Buh Amma show out dw.😈 ⤵️

Datbish.Safi: @_bran.goat please get your grimey ass outta here before I beat your ass like last time.

Jackson.68: uncle proud of y'all 🤝💙 continue to grow mah boys . Grandma and grandpa are so proud of y'all . @_bran.goat get outta my sister comments before I shoot ur ass. Nasty ass fucker.

I laugh and tear up a bit from the comments that my brother and best friend have made . I roll my eyes at Brandon's pathetic attempt to make me look as if I pushed him away from his kids. An incoming call from SAFI🙄💓 interrupts my thoughts .

I quickly answer only to hear my best friend going off saying " I know that deadbeat mother fucker ain't trying to play it like he's the victim I just know."

"Girl don't stress I ain't even trippin about him cuz he knows he's wrong for that ."  "Anyways what time you coming so we can set up for the barbecue?" I ask as she shuffles around .

"Uhhh around 11:30 "Safi states . "Aye remember that little boy name Jordan that's always over here which I love so much." She nodded in response . "Tell me why this man's father is finer than a motherfuker . "I didn't know his ass was even coming back here but I'm happy that Jordan can get to spend quality time with his dad."

I stated all the tea with her and she has this evil smile on her face which I know too well she thinks I want Jordan's dad. Well she's isn't wrong but I don't know I'm scared to open up to a next man after Brandon abandoning us.

I pull myself out of these thoughts because I'm sure this man hasn't even thought about me for a second. After the call with Safi I make my way out of my room to my son's room and scream "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE ANGELS"  I grab both of them and  kiss them all over. They both respond with a smile and thank you .

"Come on, let's go downstairs and eat breakfast before we start to get ready for y'all big day". Najae rushes past me whereas my little quiet boy stays to my side. I don't miss the little frown on his face . I Immediately stop and pull his chin up so he is looking at me .

I ask " what's wrong with my baby?" A whimper escapes his mouth and he says "is dad coming or is he busy again ."

I clench my jaw at how his deadbeat dad has this effect on him and it always breaks my heart. I turn to him and kiss him and say " baby I know it's hard but trust me it's better off for us without him popping up and leaving, do you understand my love?" He nods his head and we continue towards the kitchen.