Chapter 11

Hakeem POV

Everyone has left except Cameron,
Safi, the kids, Saniyah, Darren, and both Keniyah and I.

Keniyah and Saniyah are crying their eyes out. I honestly feel sad but I'm more angry than sad.

I walk over to the chair and pull her into my lap while rubbing my hand up and down her back and soothing her.

Safiya is livid after I told them who I saw with a gun. She shouts "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch how dare he come and ruin my sexy ass-friend baby shower."

"Nah he's more than disrespectful for that shit and has the heart to tell my bro to watch out, "Cameron said.

After knowing Safiya for a little bit I realized she's just like Cameron but has a harder personality.

"Y'all stop tripping, it's just empty threats, right? If anything else happens we'll take it seriously. I stated to them.

They all nodded in understanding. Most people would say I'm the leader of the group and that was correct and I have a past before I ever went into the army base.

"I'm ready to go," Keniyah whispers while clinging to my shirt.

I kiss her head and answer ok.

"Folks, we are going to head out. I love y'all stay safe." I say as I walk over to kiss my sister and dap the boys and Safi up.

The boys haven't said a word since the gunshots and I'm a little worried.

Upon walking to the car, Keniyah turns and says to me "This isn't the first time they have heard gunshots that is why they are quiet, it's bringing back the trauma."

Oh was all I could say because I had no idea what happened to them but I'm sure going to find out what happened to my little guys.

After an hour of driving, we all decided to stay at my house till tomorrow morning.
I carry Keniyah upstairs and go into the bathroom attached to my room and run her a bath.

"Come here, mamas."I help her out of her clothes trying my best as possible to ignore the voice in my head saying fuck her right here and now.

In due time little man. I say to myself

I place her in the soapy water and let her relax as I go downstairs to my boys. Jordan is in the kitchen eating while the twins are on the couch and haven't moved an inch since we have gotten home.

I walk over to them and sit in the middle saying "Hey boys I know it's a little hard for y'all to talk to me about stuff but I'm here for you, it's going to be just fine."

Najae mumbles the words "I don't want him to take you away."

Tajae also says " You're the best thing that's happened to us in a long while, please don't leave."

I feel my heart clench at their words with both anger and sorrow. These boys are angels who would ever want to hurt them?

I pull them into a hug and continue to talk and comfort them until they are falling asleep. I call Jordan over and tell him it's time for bed.

I pick Najae and Tajae up and carry them to the guest room. Damn these kids are heavy. I kiss them on their head and whisper good night.

I notice a little smile play on both lips and I smile at the action it gives me a feeling of something better.

I make my way to Jordan's room to check up on him and make sure he's alright. He's more concerned about the twins than anything else.

I just know that he is going to be the best brother to them and the future kids. Oh, we have more kids I forgot to mention that.