Chapter 2: Somebody's Watching Me

Please excuse ANY errors.

September 28, 1998

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

I threw on some boxers and socks on. Lotioned up, and jumped in the bed. I picked up the phone to call Tia. She answered on the first ring.

"Hello, what's up?" She asked me.

"I just got back not even an hour ago. Just hopped out the shower. Wanted to call you before I fell asleep. You?" I questioned.

"Awww, my man yearning for me." She cooed through the phone which is embarrassing and I smiled sheepishly. "I'm on my way up to my hotel room right now. Just walked in the building. How was your day?"

"It was a'ight. I'm tired as fuck though. I'm just glad I'm givin' myself the weekend off. Shit, I need it."

"You do. Let me remind you that having the weekend off includes not going into the studio in your house. Weekend off means weekend off. No exceptions. Just relaxation." She told me.

"I know that, TIA." I chuckled. "Sometimes I just can't help it though. When I feel inspired, I wanna get it done then while it's fresh. You do the same when you come up with stuff all the time." I rolled my eyes then laughed.

"I do not." She argued back.

"Yes the hell you do. I got some of your notebooks in my dresser. RECEIPTS, Tia!" I yelled at her playfully.

"Ahh, whatever Donald." I know she rolled them bug ass eyes of hers.

"Stop rollin' yo eyes before they get stuck. Or before I give them a reason to be like that." I told her.

She smacked her lips. "A'ight, Donald. Awww, babe! These peonies are beautiful!" I can tell that she's practically cheesing.

"You're welcome," I said trying to remember if I did this time.

I do send her gifts and flowers a lot to make sure she knows she's special to me. I don't think I did today though I do about two to three times out of the week. Maybe they came late or something? Peonies? I haven't order those type of flowers in a little while.

"The chocolates too, but Donald you know I don't eat chocolate that much, especially milk chocolate. I do appreciate it though." She smiled.

"Yeah, Tia... I... I don't think- I hate to tell you this baby, but I don't think I sent anything out today. I know you don't eat chocolate that much. You're allergic. I know better. So who the hell sendin' you flowers and shit?" I questioned.

"If you didn't then who did?" She said puzzled.

"That's what I'm askin' YOU! It's what I'm tryna figure out." I frowned.

"I honestly don't have a clue." She exhaled.

"Any of them niggas you been workin' with?" I asked her.

"No, I don't think so... Anywho! You're birthday is tomorrow. You're about to be a age younger than thirty. Old ass." She chuckled.