Chapter 5

(Manga chapter 15 - 22)

Dressed in light pink outwear, pairing gloves and hat with veil, Grand Duchess Agatha walked beside her earl godson in the streets of London, approaching a crowd of people. She chose a veiled hat to hide her identity, even if she's in the middle of the streets and unlikely to meet nobles who knew her, she wanted to be careful. 

Ciel grumpily marched the streets because Sebastian had been assisting Agatha without a stop, with the excuse that the streets could be frozen and easy to slip, more so for her as she is wearing heels higher than the young master's. But his serious attitude went in place when they reached a man with glasses and sideburns with a mustache, crumpling a paper with anger.

"You haven't apprehended the culprit yet Aberline?!" Lord Randall, the police commissioner yelled at his subordinate. 

"My apologies!" The young officer, Fred Aberline, said.

"And the glory of catching Jack the Ripper was stolen from us also by that little brat."

"Sorry to be such a brat," Ciel said as he announced his presence to them.

Aberline shouted at Ciel, asking why he is there but Lord Randall put a hand in front of him and talked to Ciel with respect.

"Isn't it obvious?" Ciel said, "I'm here to clean up the mess made by an old pathetic hunting dog."

This made Aberline yell while Lord Randall bit his tongue but when Ciel observed that the victims are not dead and only targeted those who returned to England from India.

"Don't just steal the paper-"

A woman cleared her throat, standing behind Ciel's right, "Lord Randall, it has been a while." She moved her veil aside for a second to look at him eye to eye.

"You! What are you doing here?" Lord Randall marched towards her then for a second stopped, seeing the butler beside her glaring at him.

"Why else would I be here?" She crouched down a bit and placed her hands on Ciel's shoulders, "You do know my role to the Phantomhive family more than anyone else, don't you Arthur?"

They stared at each other for a second, before Agatha turned to Ciel, "Have you read everything, my dear godson?"

"Yes Aunt Agatha, let's go." But it was really Sebastian who read and memorized everything before throwing the papers back to Aberline. 

They exchanged some words regarding the trafficking of Indians and their base, then walked out from the scene with Agatha curtsying to Lord Randall.

Now that they are gone, Aberline thought it was time to ask who they are, "This country has a secret executive agency which is directly controlled by the queen, it is strictly kept in secret ... that was the Phantomhive."