Chapter 3

( Manga Chapter 14)

"This way, Lizzie," Agatha said to the little lady behind her, trying to follow her through the woods in her cute bright dress. 

The blonde girl looked at the beautiful woman, she looks unbothered by the terrain while walking in her heels and skirt. Earlier, she said that she'll take Lizzie to a memorable place but all they do is walk inside the forest while they wait for Ciel and Frances to finish their hunt on the other side of the forest.

Once they got there, Elizabeth gasped and put her hands to her cheeks in amazement. Hidden deep in the forest is a lake, a precious lake for Agatha in her memories with Vincent.

"Come here, Lizzie," Agatha called the girl going near the edge of the water. 

"I want to stay here."

The woman smiled, adoring Elizabeth's attitude, "Alright, but you should be careful, even if that's a lake, it's a bit deep." She said and put down her shawl so that she could sit down and admire the view.

"I'm alright, I can swim. Does Aunt Aggie doesn't know?" Lizzie went closer to talk to her.

"I can't ... More like I won't." Agatha scratched her cheek with bashfulness and Lizzie who saw the obvious blush on the woman's cheeks quickly sat down beside her.

"Why? Why? Why? Why don't you want to?!" Her eyes and tone pleading for a sweet romance story.

Agatha looked at Elizabeth then to the lake, "This place is where I almost died." Laughing a bit, "... But this place is still near my heart."

Unknown to the two, Sebastian concealed his presence and hid behind a tree to guard them against stray predators or bullets but most of all, to just listen in their conversation and stalk Agatha.

She closed her eyes, "I was young back then ..."

"Aggie! Don't run!" Vincent yelled to Agatha who was running around, looking for the horse Aunt Claudia gifted her.

"But- Ah!" What Agatha thought was a shallow lake turned out to be the deepest one in England. She quickly fell into the deep water where the bottom was pitch black. Trying to swim upwards, she couldn't do it and so she just sank.

"I fell in the lake and I almost drowned if it wasn't for him." Agatha recounted her memories with Vinny. That's what she almost do when there were places and things that remind her of him.

In that dark place, the young Agatha couldn't help but feel fear. It was all unknown what could appear in the next second. She keep trying to swim upwards but she could feel every second that she was sinking. That's when she saw someone appeared not from the surface ... but down, very deeply from the bottom. 

Her heart began to race but as she saw an outline of an arm that grabbed her ankle, her heart almost jumped to her throat.