27- Good And Bad Traitor [FINAL]

Start from the beginning

A prodigy loved by the President and the whole country and also the girl inspired by anyone because of her perfect figure, peerless intelligence, and sort of charismatic persona.

It was no other than the secretary of the Department of National Defense - Lily Sagrada - who embodies everything else there is to protect the country and she's only the one who works with the President when it comes to inventing priceless quantechnologies like the latest mech suit they were talking about.

Even though these men were experts in their field, no one could defeat this smiling lass behind the nervous man. She's one of the country's pride after all, another one above the law.

Well, as far as they concern, the head generals or should we say tripartite generals are shocked as to why she visits them, and more importantly, she doesn't want to waste her very valuable time unless she is ordered or necessary.

The AFP Chief and the Head Generals stand up and raise a salute in respect. Their clear reactions are reasonably explained; she was very welcome and she replied with a courteous nod.

"Ma'am, is there anything we could assist you with in regards to your research?"

"Yes, Kuya AFP Chief, you see... I am in need of a demon tissue sample for DNA analysis. Have any of your soldiers recovered a demon cadaver? I require at least 30 cubic centimeters for my study, and the sooner the better."

"..."

"I see. Can you explain to me the disposition of the demon specimens that were neutralized by your unit? To clarify, were they all cremated?"

The AFP Chief moves sideward and glances at the platform within his reach and fetches it to Lily so she can review it.

DND Secretary Lily quickly grabs the platform and plays the recorded video, and shortly after, frustration showed on her stoic face.

"They evaporated?..."

The absence of plain body cells and lack of information about DNA and RNA is already concerning, as it hinders any attempts for further research and analysis. And now this with demons too?!

Her hands were trembling in disappointment. It was clear to say, everything they have discovered about this world defies any sense, as if their current understanding is being mocked. It seems the demons they encounter have an unique ability to evaporate their body after death, leaving no trace behind for them to study.

Though not entirely.

The black-haired young maiden sighed deeply and returned the platform to the men in arms.

"I'm going back to the Secret Society, mga Kuya. Goodbye, I need something to discuss with the DOST Secretary...oh"

"Ma'am, may I inquire as to the reason for your visit?"

Lily stopped her track and turned around facing them again, showing her prominence as the country's national defense leader in specific words no one ever expected.

"I would gladly tell you as Secretary of National Defense, that the President herself has accepted my proposal to establish a research program focused on understanding and neutralizing the demon threat. It is imperative that we gain a better understanding of these creatures and their abilities to protect the country and its citizens."

As she spoke, the men, including the man behind her, gulped their nervousness and were mentally prepared for this new endeavor.

Lily looks determined and confident as she speaks.

"With or without your censuses, I order you to mobilize all Northern Luzon Forces both Land, Naval, and Aerial Forces to repel the invaders all at once. If they breached our territorial waters..."