"Asteroid impact," I say.

"The big kaboom ends everything. Just like the one that got the dinosaurs, except way worse," Five says.

"Bad news is, it followed us here," I say.

"What do you mean, followed us?" Vanya asks.

"Eight days from now, the world ends in a nuclear doomsday. It's a different disease, but...same result," Five explains.

Vanya sits there in silence.

"That can't be right," she says.

"I saw it. With my own eyes. You were there. We all were."

"Shit. I need to make a phone call," Vanya says as she gets up.

"Vanya-," Five begins to say but I stop him.

"Just let her call whoever she needs to call," I say as I look down.

"Are you okay?" Five asks in a soft voice.

"No."

I shake my head as I hold back my tears. Five pulls me over to where I am sitting on his lap. I put my head on his shoulder.

"Talk to me, my love. What's wrong?" Five asks as he strokes my hair.

"I did this to her. I made her lose her memory" I whisper.

"Shh, it's okay."

"No, it's not okay," I say.

I did this to Vanya and I have no way of giving her her memory back. She has been here alone for a month not knowing who or where her family was. It must have been awful.

"You need to calm down darling. You are going to overwhelm yourself. Here, have a sip of this."

Five picks up his coffee mug and holds it up to my lips. I take a sip and Five slightly smiles.

"Better?" Five asks. I nod and Five smiles.

"Look, you didn't know that she was going to lose her memory. We will find a way to fix this and get her memory back without having to hurt her."

"But we don't know any other way. It's not like I can fix her electrical signals and she gets her memory back. I can only scramble them."

"Well maybe it's a good thing she lost her memory," Five says.

"What do you mean it's a good thing? She doesn't remember who we are, she won't remember who everyone else is, and she can't remember anything before a month ago," I say.

"I know, but look, she can't remember that she started the apocalypse and she also can't remember the horrible childhood she had. How Dad always left her out in everything and how he mistreated her. We can teach her how to use her powers again and give her new and happy memories. It could give us a better chance of her not causing another apocalypse."

"Yeah, but we don't even know if she causes this one," I say.

"Vanya will most likely always be the cause of the apocalypse. We just need her to come with us and we can fix her. And we have a better chance of that if she doesn't have her memory. And now she will actually talk to you. She doesn't know that she used to ignore you. You gotta think of the positive stuff. Okay?"

I nod my head look at Five. I could see a scar starting to form from where Pogo scratched him.

"How's your neck?" I ask as I run my finger across his neck.

"It's good. Doesn't hurt anymore."

Five looks at the clock hanging on the wall.

"Come on we need to go," Five says.