chapter 31. storm

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

INSTAGRAM!

guhitnistar posted an IG story...

Um excuse me Mr. Tate

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

sunshine posted an IG story...

Tessa is very scared of thunder :(

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

karljacobs posted an IG story...

Got stormed in, not complaining tho <3

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

Tala and Karl were still in their small world when the youngest Reyes had barged in the room with Tessa following after her. The pair looked at her as she dropped the bags on the coffee table and they noticed that she was wet.

Sinag groaned and took off her jacket as Tessa shook her body to get the water off her body. "Have you two not looked outside?" she asked. Karl furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the window.

He gasped, it was pouring rain. "Not only that, it's gonna be a storm." Sinag muttered as she started to walk to her room. "Can you put the food away? I need to clean up." She said as Tala stood up.

Tala hummed and waved her off, grabbing the groceries Karl sighed and helped her. The two worked to put the food away in the proper places. The only thing that could be heard was the rain hitting the window and the silent meows of the cats.

As they finished, Karl looked at Tala. He wanted to stay, he really did. He wanted to make sure that they were safe but he knew he had to go home. Make sure that Sean was fine at their home. "I gotta-" "Hey?" Sinag's voice chiming in again.

The two looked at the hallway where Sinag was reading something on her phone as she dried her hair with her other hand. She finally looked up and frowned, "The news suggested to stay indoors, sorry Karl but it seems like you're stuck with us for a while." She said with a small smile.

Karl hummed and nodded as he turned to Tala who was looking at him. The two stared at each other, they were happy. Tala was happy that Karl didn't have to drive under the horrid weather and she didn't have to worry about him. Karl was happy that he got to stay. That he could make sure that the sisters were safe.

Sinag snickered, "Come on Tessa. These lovebirds are too whipped." She muttered as she led her dog to the living room.

Tala was the first one to break eye contact, "We should try and get you something more comfortable than those jeans?" she asked.

He looked down at what he was wearing and chuckled, he looked back up at her and posed, "I don't know I look quite good in this." He joked. Tala laughed and shook her head, "You do but in this state I think you would much like a hoodie and some sweatpants." She offered.

He looked at her and nodded, she giggled, "Well follow me then." She said as she walked out of the kitchen. Karl following after her to what he can only assume would be her room.

"Sorry it's a bit messy." She muttered embarrassingly. Karl chuckled, "I think mine would be more messy than a few papers on the floor Luna." He reassured her. She hummed and sat on the floor as she opened the last drawer in her room.

Her older cousin's clothes laid there untouched since the rest left for the holidays. Karl watched her as she pulled out a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. He tilted his head, his heart aching ever so slightly, "A boyfriend's perhaps?" he asked, more like stuttered out.

Tala looked at him and chuckled, she shook her head, "No. They're my cousins'." She reassured him. Staring into his grey eyes, something she had been doing for sometime already. She always was mesmerized when he got to look at them and she always loved it.

"And if they were from an ex boyfriend, they would have been burned years ago." She teased with a smile. Karl let out a laugh and shook his head, "How charming." He said making her chuckle.

"I'll leave you to change okay? I'll be downstairs." She said. Karl hummed and nodded, "Okay." He said. She smiled at him and turned to walk away.

"Thank you Luna." He suddenly said. She turned to look at him confused and he chuckled, "You've been taken care of me for 5 days and now I crash at yours." He said.

Tala's lips turned up into a smile and she let out a laugh and shrugged, "I could never not do those things Sol." She said.

Karl smiled at her and nodded, "Still thank you. You must be getting tired of me." He joked but was worried to what she was gonna say. Her face turned soft and she pursed her lips and tilted her head, "I don't think that's possible Sol." She said with a grin.

His heart jumped, his stomach exploded with butterflies and if he didn't know better, he had fallen more deeply in this than before and than he expected. And by this point, "I don't want to stop."

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

Karl had found himself watching Adventure Time with the sisters. Sinag was cuddling with Tessa in front of the TV on a bean bag while Tala and Karl shared a blaknket on a couch.

The rain got harder and it worried Tala a bit which Karl felt that. Sinag looked back at her sister who was fiddling with the blanket, she stood up suddenly making Karl furrow his eyebrows as he watched her walk away as Tessa hid further in the bean bag.

Although Tala didn't notice or she did but it wasn't weird for her that Sinag would get up randomly when they're just chilling. Karl looked back at her, studying her closely.

Her lips were pursed, eyebrows furrowed a little bit and her head tilted to the side. He was gonna ask her what was wrong when Sinag walked back.

She didn't say anything but rather just placed a sketchbook and a pencil on her sister's lap. Tala hummed and thanked her sister. Sinag nodded and walked back to her bean bag and sat back down.

Tala gripped the sketchbook and leaned to her side of the couch, she flipped it and then looked up at Karl who sent her a smile. "Get comfy." She said as she put the pencil between her lips and put her hair in a messy bun.

Karl sent her a confused look and she chuckled, taking the pencil out of her mouth, "I wanna draw you." She said. His eyes brightened, his mouth gaping making her smile. "So will you sit still?" she asked.

He giggled and nodded, leaning back on the couch and looked back at the TV. He felt her gaze and heard her hum. It was calming and he loved it. He loved the feeling that he was having at the moment.

That feeling of comfort and just warmth, he loved it and he enjoyed it and he didn't want to lose it ever.

They were having a nice, comfortable moment when the lights turned off.