chapter 8. opportunities

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

INSTAGRAM!

dreamwastaken sent you a dm!

Hello miss star

Seen 11:30 pm

Hello mr. wastaken.

Did Patches like the painting?

Seen 11:31 pm

She stared at it and hasn't destroyed

it and would hiss at sapnap every time

he walks near it so, I think she loves it.

Seen 11:32 pm

Aww that's so sweet.

Seen 11:33pm

She is. She loves you already. But that isn't

why I messaged you miss star.

Seen 11:34 pm

Is it a painting for Sienna?

Seen 11:35 pm

What- you know that isn't such a bad idea.

But no, miss star I have noticed your mod

work with karl and I would like to ask

if you are willing to mod for me as well?

Seen 11:36 pm

Star?

Seen 11:37 pm

Oh god I'm sorry did I cross boundaries?

Seen 11:38 pm

Oh you didn't. I was just shocked.

But as much as I would love to agree with the offer, I will have to decline.

Seen 11: 39 pm

Oh. That's fine. Thank you for the painting 

tho and can I get another one for Sienna?

Seen 11:40 pm

I'm sorry dream but I don't think

I can handle two big streamers to mod for

but thank you for the offer and of course,

I'll start with the painting soon. You must

love Sienna a lot.

Seen 11:41 pm

I do and Karl is lucky to have you as a mod.

Seen 11:42 pm

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

Tala laughed as Sinag's dog, Tessa pulled her around as they walked the dog. It was a beautiful Saturday morning so the sisters decided on taking the dog out.

The oldest Reyes wasn't a fan of going out, she would much more likely stay in her workshop and start with the Sienna painting for Dream.

Speaking of Dream, a lot of people are making it a big deal. She didn't see the big deal but her sister called her an idiot because she said that stans are being toxic. She just shrugged it off though, not really caring about anything.

She wasn't payinga attention until she heard her sister shout, "Tessa! No! Down!" Sinag yelled. She looked and saw her sister's dog licking a child's face.

"NO! Tessa off." She scolded the dog as she walked quickly to them. Tessa actually listened to her and stopped, looking back at Tala. The girl snickered and crossed her arms, "Sit." She said and the dog followed.

Sinag scoffed, "You listen to her. I'm your mother Tessa." She said. They heard a chuckle, looking forward there stood the man with the child in, "You have a very energetic dog." He said.

Tala snickered, "Too energetic but thank you. Sorry about that." She said as she motioned to the blinking toddler. The man laughed, "It's fine." He said as he waved her off.

Sinag who just walked closer started to tug on her sister's sleeve. The older Reyes sighed and turned to her sister, "What?" she asked. "That's um, that's Chris." She whispered. Although it was still heard by the man, "You don't have to whisper." He said with a smile.

Tala sighed and looked back, "I'm sorry about her, I tried to play it cool." She said with a chuckle. This made him laugh making the toddler laugh as well. She smiled at him, "Don't worry I was trying to act cool in meeting the Tala that Jimmy and Maddy are continuously talks about." He said.

Sinag's jaw dropped while Tala chuckled, "They're just being nice-" "No they're not. I saw your work both online and the one Maddy bought. You're good." Chris said.

Tala sighed and her attention was taken away when the little boy babbled and made grabby hands towards her. She chuckled, "I'm sorry Tucker I would give you a hug but COVID. I'm sorry." She said. Chris smiled in relief, he had heard so much about her not only from Jimmy and Maddy but also from Karl.

"So I was actually given a mission, I was supposed to go to your center and tell you that Jimmy was asking if you were willing for that offer." He said. Sinag looked at her sister completely shocked and confused. Tala chuckled and shook her head, "I wish I could but the commissions are piling up and with modding and everything." She said with a smile

Chris chuckled and nodded, "I thought so. But Jimmy said the offer is always there so, its there." he said. Sinag finally cleared her throat, "Excuse me what happened to your life that I missed?" she asked.

Tala and Chris laughed and shook their head. Sinag shook her head in disbelief as her big sister continued to talk to someone they used to watch together when they were at home.

»»————- ☾☀ ————-««

When they said their good byes to the father and son who promised to visit the bunnies, puppies and kittens that were at their center. But Chris did say that he would have to talk to Katie about getting a dog.

So as Chris walked away with Tucker in his arms, the toddler who got fond of the sisters was continuously waving, "Buh-bye!" Tucker yelled making the girls giggle.

As the father and son were out of view, Sinag hit her sister's head. "What the hell?" Tala asked. Sinag scoffed and crossed her arms, "What have you not been telling me?" she asked.

Tala sighed, she hadn't been saying anything to her sister. She was just busy and she didn't realize that she hadn't talked to her sister.

She grabbed Tessa's leash, "Let's go get some coffee." She said. Sinag's eyes brightened, "Libre mo?" (a/n: libre mo = is it on you?) she asked. Tala laughed, "Yeah yeah whatever let's go before I change my mind."