Cold Christmas

Começar do início

"No, you stay here, I'll get the food"

"But.."

"I'll get the food, let me take care of you just this once"

"Twice," I corrected, "you took care of me last night too"

He smiled, "I'll be right back then"

I took that time to freshen up a bit, I probably look like a ghost or a mess. I was correct, the moment I looked in the mirror I almost scared myself. I was pale and my hair was in a tangled mess. I definitely look like Sadako... Yuki saw me looking like this?! I took a quick shower and changed into another set of pjs. When I got back into my room, Yuki was on the floor. In front of him were two trays of food.

"That smells so good" I said.

"Mama's downstairs having lunch with obaasan" he said.

I wrapped my hair with the towel and sat in front of the other tray. Miso soup, unagi, tempura shrimp, and some veggies.

"I hope you won't get in trouble for sleeping over" I told him as I took a bite out of a tempura.

"Already did, mama said to let her know next time and to make sure that I sleep on a separate bed"

"Oh, I'm sorry"

"Could've been worst"

We finished our food and he handed a glass of water and pain reliever. I sat on my bed and watched him clean up. I offered to take the other tray downstairs, but he insisted that I should rest. He came back up with Ishikawa-san and obaasan.

"Mio-chan, how are you feeling?" Ishikawa-san asked, sitting on my bed, feeling my forehead.

"I'm feeling much better now" I told her.

"Yuki took good care of you then"

I nodded.

"You're probably used to having your mom take care of you when you're sick or whenever you have problems.. so, please, don't hesitate on coming to me if you need some advice" she said, taking both of hands and smiling at me.

"Thank you, Ishikawa-san"

"Alright, young man... your father and I will need to discuss a few things with you when we get home" she told Yuki, but she winked at me. Ahh, yes... THE TALK.

--------------------------------------------------------------

School started back a couple of days later. Momo-san is back with her antics of bothering me, but it's not as bad anymore. She even asked me to eat lunch with them, which I gladly accept. Her and her friends aren't so bad, they do talk a lot though.

Yuki got busy with volleyball. News outlet were even interviewing him here and there. We barely spend time together now. He hasn't been to the shop in weeks. The only time we actually talk in person is when we're in school. He'd reply to my messages once in a while when he's not busy, but that's about it. I'm happy for him though. I know he's played for the national team before, courtesy of Momo-san for breaking down his achievements so far.

It was the last day of the term and Momo-san walked with me to the shop since she was craving some ramen.

"It's Winter... she's going to be visiting him again" she said as we were walking.

"I figured... I haven't talked to him that much, he's been busy"

"I can tell, anyway, do you have plans during break?" she asked.

"No, just the usual, help out obaasan..."

"I see... did you get Yuki anything for Christmas?"

"I honestly don't know what to get him, it's like he has everything already"