She's Not Our Mother

Hello, this chapter includes the meeting with Isobel and a certain strange request. I hope you enjoy.

It's been just over a week since the talk with Alaric regarding Isobel

It's been just over a week since the talk with Alaric regarding Isobel. The gang had yet to give up information about the tomb to the council. Elena was still determined to find out more about her and Rowan's mother, so the history teacher started spending a lot of time with the Gilberts. He told the girls about his time with Isobel and what she was like. How they fell in love and gotten married, how she always had her head in books of the supernatural. Rowan, already knew it was to find a way to save Elena from Klaus but said nothing. The witch did ask Alaric if he knew of anyone that Isobel was in contact with that did research as well. That's when he mentioned both of her friends, Trudie Peterson and her assistant at Duke, Vanessa Monroe. Rowan suggested they make a trip to visit Trudie first, to maybe just learn more about Isobel as a person, then maybe drop by to see Vanessa and ask her regarding Isobel. The idea made Elena very happy, even with Jenna's and Rowan's warnings not to get her hopes up.

In the meantime, the Salvatores were doing well by keeping busy, mainly Stefan with Elena. Damon was still very heartbroken over Katherine but proceeded with life as normal. The Gilbert family became very close and welcomed Alaric into the tight-knit group and Rowan gave him his own blood gem. Bonnie was still training with grams and Rowan, she was moving in strides. The Salem Witch house was still under construction but would take just another month to be complete. Jeremy was getting close with Anna, which lead to some hilarious confrontations with Vickie but at least his fights with Tyler ended.

Speaking of Wolfwood, his anger was getting rolled out on everyone, even poor bystanders. This led to his suspension from the football team, making Stefan the star athlete. It was very ironic to say the least and Rowan felt somewhat bad for Tyler, wishing she could say something regarding his condition. However, it was far too risky. Moreover, Matt and Caroline had started dating just like in the show, only this time, Care wasn't as insecure as before. She'd asked Elena for permission before dating the jock, which the doppelgänger granted without hesitation. Elena was super happy with Stefan and Rowan was pretty sure she'd heard the L-word spoken between them.

By now the witch felt it was time to contact Niklaus as 'Someone' once again. So, when she was home alone and sure she wouldn't be interrupted by anyone, she gave him a call and prepared the voice changer. "Ah, Someone, it's been a long time," Klaus replied very sarcastically, clearly unhappy with the call.

"Apologies if I am calling at an unfortunate time Mr Mikaelson but I have some information you may be interested in," the woman said calmly, still afraid of the consequences.

"So far your information has been of use, did you know my sister was the one to call Mikael to New Orleans back in 1919?" he asked, annoyance dripping from his voice.

"I was unaware Mr Mikaelson, I'm only here to inform you of what I know. As it seems the Original witch was very intelligent, she has a failsafe in case you break your curse. Goodbye Mr Mikaelson," and the witch quickly hang up and locked the phone. Rowan breathe heavily and dropped on the bed. Just then the doorbell rings. She quickly hide the phone in her underwear drawer and headed down to answer the door. "Oh hey Demon, how are you?" She ask the Salvatore, once she opened the door and saw him.