Game On

Hello everyone, thank you for the feedback, this chapter was a little difficult to figure out. I even had two versions but decided on this one. Hope you like it.

(Trigger warning, self-harm)

"I want to know your story and who you're running from," Rowan explained with a cocky smile

"I want to know your story and who you're running from," Rowan explained with a cocky smile. That caught Katherine's interest, as she looked at the young woman with an impressed look with a raised eyebrow.

"How do you know I'm running?" Katherine asked. This was Rowan's chance to tame the untameable Ms Katerina Petrova.

Rowan continued staring at her in a calm demeanour, she clearly disliked the over-confident attitude of the witch yet decided that Rowan's knowledge was far more intriguing. "Well, I did not know much but thanks to that book and your minions, I somewhat made up a story of who you are," Rowan told her. Katherine raised an eyebrow for Rowan to continue.

The Gilbert-witch explained how the unexpected arrival of Elena's parents was obviously non-coincidental, how John's knowledge of the device exposed his relation to Katherine, especially when matched with Isobel's strange interest in the device. She went on about Mason's mysterious return and how it was far too easy to link to her. That his behaviour was very unusual as he never had an interest in Rowan but was suddenly flirty. Moreover, thanks to the book and some research, Rowan figured out that Katherine had an unexpected life. The fact that Isobel, Elena and Rowan all existed meant a family member of Katherine's had survived. Yet the book mentioned that they all died in 1492, the only explanation is a hidden, out of wedlock baby.

"It became obvious, your name is blacklisted in the family book, none of your family survived after 1492," Rowan told the vampire. "Yet Elena is proof that the line hadn't died, so I thought 'what possible scenario causes these incidents to align?' Then I realised the era and country you were from, a child out of wedlock would bring shame to the family." The witch continued giving a short and undetailed version of Katherine's life story.

Rowan left out Klaus's involvement but stated that Katherine must have met a powerful vampire when she was banished. Rowan went on, accusing Katherine of stealing the moonstone from the powerful vampire and suggested his reaction was to hunt Katherine down. Rowan also said, that after turning into a vampire Katherine went back and killed her own family. This was to prevent the vampdoppel from thinking her descendant knew everything and that Rowan may have hidden knowledge. "Then you spent the next few centuries running, till 1864 where they got too close so you decided to fake your death and now you seek a way to kill them," Rowan finished. Katherine appeared stoic at the story, although her facial features were slightly tense.

"You're smart I'll give you that," said she with a very unhappy expression. "I was running for my life and now I have the means to get my freedom," she explained. Rowan tensed up and straightened herself.

"If you want the device I'll give it to you but the moonstone business is not on the table," the witch said.

"Why not?" Katherine asked curiously.