So It Begins

Now it's most of the pilot!

For the next week, Rowan spent every morning having breakfast at a cafe with Klaus

For the next week, Rowan spent every morning having breakfast at a cafe with Klaus. The harder she tried to keep her distance, the more persistent he was. The witch knew she was nothing more than a challenge for him but she couldn't say that to his face, so instead, she played the game. Luckily Rowan was able to meet Stefan on her free days. As well as have peaceful workdays because Klaus was usually busy with Gloria. The bar owner wouldn't tell her apprentice what the hybrid wanted. And Rowan didn't push it, though it drove her crazy, to know.

At the beginning of the second week, Rowan and Klaus were having their usual breakfast. The hybrid was describing New Orleans to her when her phone rang. She saw that it was Sheriff Forbes and answered, "Hey Liz, how are you?"

"Hey honey, I think you should come home. Quickly Rowan," the Sheriff answered. Her voice was shaky and her breathing was shallow as if she had been crying. Rowan's heart sank at the tone, her mind flooding with the worst-case scenarios.

"Liz?" She asked hesitantly. Klaus glanced at her in concern and placed his hand on the woman's shoulder.

"It's your parents...I'm so sorry sweetheart. They drove...it was an accident. They hit a tree and..." she didn't finish the sentence. The reborn woman froze. Why? She had saved them. Why did this have to still happen? Tears started pouring down her cheeks.

"No! No, no, no!" Chanted Rowan in disbelief. Liz was startled at the sound of the younger's despair, she tried comforting Rowan but couldn't. Klaus took the phone from the witch and ended the call. He held the younger as she sobbed and guided her back to her dorm. Once there Rowan collapsed on the bed and cried in grief. Klaus called Gloria to explain the situation. The mentor suggested that Rowan pack and head home, then deal with the rest of the stuff.

Klaus helped the younger pack and tried to insist on driving her but she was adamant that her friend was able to drive her. She thanked the hybrid and promised to keep him updated. When the man left her dorm, Rowan called Stefan and explained what happened. The Ripper showed up immediately and helped the younger place her luggage in the car and started driving to Mystic Falls. Thanks to his vampire ability, he was able to drive non-stop and they made it back in record time.

Rowan kept falling apart and calming down during the ride. She was close to Miranda and Grayson and cared a lot about them. They were kind, loving and supportive of her. She felt anger and irritation toward the universe, for their death. It wasn't fair, she had tried her best to keep them safe. They were still taken away from their children and now Rowan had two distraught, younger, teen siblings to take care of.

When Rowan arrived they held a funeral for the parents. Everyone attended and consoled the children. Afterwards, Sheriff Forbes took Rowan to the side and asked the dreaded question. 'Did Rowan want to be the sole guardian for them or would she allow shared custody?'