Birthdays and Road Trips

Thank you for the comments, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

When the Originals left Mystic Falls, the scooby-gang breathed a sigh of relief

When the Originals left Mystic Falls, the scooby-gang breathed a sigh of relief. They were finally free from the worst of it. Elena was still a little rattled from her experience and tended to rely on Stefan and her girlfriends for comfort. Rowan was still hesitant to be the one to comfort her, as she also felt guilt for sacrificing her sister. The rest of the group was doing much better than the two girls. Jeremy and Anna, along with Alaric and Jenna, were in the honeymoon phase of their relationships. The two couples got even closer through the experiences and were completely enamoured.

Meanwhile, Mason had decided to stay for a while longer in Mystic Falls. He spent a lot of time with Damon and their friendship was going steady. Rowan believed that Damon was finally allowing himself to make friends, after Enzo. Now the vampire was more open, with Alaric and Mason around. A surprising turn of events was Caroline and Bonnie's involvement with Damon. The girls usually visited the Boarding House because Elena chose to spend most of her days there. So naturally, the two would meet Damon often. It helped that Stelena were in their own world. So the girls tended to chat with Damon, more than they did with the couple.

Caroline had hinted to Rowan; that Bonnie was showing signs of having a crush on Damon. Rowan decided not to meddle with that and allowed Caroline to do her special brand of magic instead. The blonde was the best at playing Cupid and Rowan wasn't about to dip her fingers in romantic drama. Yes, the witch rooted for those two but she wasn't about to force them into it. She'd learned, through her conversation with Elijah, that she cannot push these things.

With all of these things working out, the best part was Katherine's disappearance. The vampdoppel hadn't shown her face at all. Everyone still kept their guard up but so far, she hadn't gotten into contact with anyone. Isobel complained that she was left behind by the older vampire with no goodbye. The mother of the girls was not very welcomed by the group. Rowan and Elena avoided her most of the time and chose to not listen to her poor excuses.

The witch had reminded her biological mother, that her idea of rescuing Elena was stupid. Isobel had revealed Elena's existence to the one person who wanted her more than Klaus! Katherine wished to be free from the hybrid's chase, of course she'd betray Isobel and hand over Elena. What was Isobel even thinking? That she was able to trick and harm Katherine Pierce? How naive was she? At least, Rowan believed that having backup would allow her to negotiate...and look how that turned out. Jenna ended up taking the fall, for the witch's mistake.

The group was also cold towards John. His words had left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Even Damon, who disliked Rowan's methodology, of handling the sacrifice, hadn't thought that she would willingly throw her baby sister to the wolves, without contemplation. Elena was especially pissed off with her father; for being so mistrustful of Rowan. He'd trained the witch for 6 years and he still didn't believe in her. Jeremy shared his doppelsister's opinion.