Surprise!

Thank you all for your comments and feedback. Now, let's see how clever Rowan can be in person with an Original. Will Elijah figure her out?

Elijah and Rowan were walking for a few minutes in silence

Elijah and Rowan were walking for a few minutes in silence. The weather was nice and warm, the sun was bright but not too hot. There was a weak breeze, enough to refresh but not chill. It was a rather serene setting and the witch wished they wouldn't have to waste it on morbid subjects. "Have you had breakfast?" The man asked with a playful smile. Rowan furrowed her eyebrows in confusion then blushed, remembering yesterday's incident.

"Yes, I had an omelette and a tangerine," her answer only made him chuckle. His little laugh had caused the witch to smile. It was nice to see him like this. It reminded her of his TV self in the cafe after locking his memories away. Except this was different. He was the same Original that'll do anything for his family but he'd finally gotten the life he wanted with them. A part of Rowan wanted to yell, "it was me! I did this, I helped you! I'm Someone!" but knew it wasn't the right thing to do at that moment. The witch wasn't too sure about revealing herself to anyone. What could possibly happen if she did? It was too dangerous, especially if outsiders learned of her abilities. Unlike what people expected, it wasn't exactly easy to say, "Hey I used to watch an actor play you on screen!" Rowan would sound like a lunatic and she doubted they'd be very flattered, maybe Damon will.

Nevertheless, she still felt the urge to give a hint, maybe leave a few breadcrumbs for only Elijah to find. "Mr Elijah," Rowan whispered and he gazed at her. She looked anxious and when their eyes met the Original sighed in resignation.

"The ritual must happen Rowan, it isn't up for negotiation," he stated firmly. The witch sighed and nodded in understanding.

"I know, however, please listen to what I have to say," she responded. He gestured for her to speak and she did. Rowan explained to him, if the ritual must take place, then he'll have to allow her to save Elena. As well as, help them convince Klaus as well, to keep Elena alive. "I just want you to help us, you don't have to convince him," Rowan spoke desperately. The request clearly frustrated Elijah a little, his sour expression giving him away. Rowan knew Klaus hadn't had the time to reveal the failsafe to his siblings, meaning Elijah was likely contemplating getting into a fight with Klaus, or robbing an innocent girl of her life. Neither appealed to the noble Original. "Let me be clear Mr Elijah, I'm bringing Elena back. Whether Mr Klaus allows me or not. I just don't want him to feel betrayed, so I will request it first." This stunned the man, as he wasn't expecting Rowan to be so bold with her intentions. "She's my sister Mr Elijah, it's insulting of you to expect any less of me."

The man stood with a strange smile on his face, it appeared as though he was impressed. It confused Rowan to see him that way, what was he impressed with? "Alright, I will postpone Niklaus's arrival for a few weeks, until you figure out a way to convince him. Besides I have a little business here." That got the witch's attention. Business? What could Elijah possibly need from Mystic Falls?