Serendipity

The next morning Soviet opened his eyes to see it was 9:14. That was odd. He never sleeps in late. Sitting up he tilted his head as a pop ran through the air.

Trying to get up he realized he couldn't, looking down he saw the same hyper puppy from last night and you subconsciously pulling away. But he didn't need to know that.

He faintly smiled from the memories of last night. No one has ever listened to him for more than a minute, more or less listening to his problems. Really, if he thinks about it, this is the longest talk he's ever had with someone in at least two years.

It was a stroke of luck when you had let him hug you closer last night, and he felt like it was a stroke of serendipity when he woke up to see you still attached to him.

He wonders how long you and Apollo have been alone, just the two of you in this big penthouse. It must've been lonely sometimes.

He must admit, he did do a little snooping around even when Apollo said not to go in your office. Deep down under a desk drawer, he found a dusty photo frame with a younger you and another man holding onto you, both laughing.

Jealousy ran through his mind at the thought of another man hugging you, being the reason you were laughing even though he hadn't even met you yet.

Was he the father of Apollo or was he the neurosurgeon friend you mentioned last night? But thinking about it he saw another photo frame on a shelf displayed for everyone to see this time and not even a speck of dust on it, it was a photo of you and Apollo a couple of years ago most likely (he must admit, Apollo is a cute child) with another child he's never seen and another man, different from the other one.

Maybe he was Apollo's father and you mothered another child and got a divorce, both of you going separate ways with a child? Or was it the other way around-

Saving him from a migraine of thinking he heard Apollos' muffled voice through the door. "Mom? Are you still asleep? France is trying to cook breakfast and I'm scared he's going to burn down the penthouse. Also, everyone's wondering where you and Soviet are. Is he there with you?"

You quickly sat up faster than any other soldier he trained to dodge a bullet. You stumbled to the door still half asleep to answer your door. "So sorry Apollo I stayed up later than I expected last night. Tell France he better get out of my kitchen, he can help me when I get dressed, and yes, Soviet is with me. He had to sleep with me last night because there were no other beds."

Soviet could hear the uncertainty in the young boy's voice as he answered you. But faintly, he could see Britain behind Apollo glaring at him. And with the only thing he knew best, he smirked cockily at him. "Okay... I'll wait for you in the living room with everyone." Turning around you faced Soviet, clapping your hands in front of you.

"Well, I'm going to get dressed, make breakfast, and maybe bring one of you guys with me. Are you feeling better?" You asked him with total sincerity in your voice which shocked the communist for he hadn't heard that tone in such a long time.

"Yes, I'll be fine. Thank you Ms. Y/L/N."

"Please, call me Y/N."

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Britain stood behind Apollo as the kid knocked on the door.  "Mom? Are you still asleep? France is trying to cook breakfast and I'm scared he's going to burn down the penthouse. Also, everyone's wondering where you and Third are. Is he there with you?"

A disheveled you opened the door. You were wearing a white tank top and shorts (he had to look away to not offend the woman, being the gentleman he is), and even if your hair was all over the place you still looked beautiful in the British man's eyes.