"Dammit!" she runs her hand through her locs and looks up into the sky in utter frustration, "I need you to make that boy appear big man, I know we don't talk like that, but Imma need for you to abracadabra the hell out of this, please,"

She sighs, frustration engulfing her body, and mind. That attempted prayer was definitely not it, and she knew that because that is not how her mother usually prays but what the hell? It was worth the try.

However, like clockwork, as she turns the corner up the road, she sees him appear. Grey sweatpants on, cap shielding him from whatever the hell it was shielding him from since the sun was not yet out, and the packs moving along with his every stride.

They briefly make eye contact before Hendrichs removes his eyes from Shane's, who is slightly relieved and somehow still annoyed at the sight of him.

"Hendrichs," she calls to him, as she places her hand on her hip, but he ignores her, attempting to pass right past her, of which he succeeds to do.

"Hendrichs!" she yells behind him, as she pinches the bridge of her nose. Rolling her eyes at his childishness, she notices him slow down, before yanking the ear pod out of his ear, and turning around to face her with a clenched jaw,

"What?" contempt oozes out of his pink, and plump lips - his eyes narrowing at her, "What is it that you could possibly want from me?"

"I understand this animosity is fun for you, and you get some kind of kick out of it," she says as she slowly walks up to him, neck slightly rolling at every word, without a hint of a smile, "But right now, I don't need - actually, it's honestly not the time,"

She sighs, honestly tired of being in his presence right about now, "Amaru is back at the shop, frantic, and needs you, so do your thing," connecting eyes with him, his face visibly becomes softer, concern now clouding his eyes.

"Did he say what's wrong?" he asks with a softer voice, something he had never used when speaking to Shane, and this in itself took her off-guard.

She shakes her head in response, "No, he won't say. But he's got us all worried, I think he's waiting for you,"

He nods his head, "Uh thanks, for coming to find me. I'll go see him," giving a final nod, removing a hand at his waist - he runs off, leaving Shane behind. She shakes her head at the interaction, trying to catch up to him, so she could hear what was wrong.

Luckily, she had not gone that far, but the ache that remained constant within her legs had her fed up. She would definitely be soaking in ice cold water as soon as she got home, and if she could - she would definitely be missing the bowling session in the evening.

To be honest, she didn't really feel like it, but it was team building - and who was she to give Hendrichs leverage over her, so far, they were standing at a one-one situation in her eyes, and she could not afford to give him another win. The stakes were simply too high.

Arriving back, she finds Hendrichs speaking to Amaru, trying to calm him down- his one hand on his shoulder. The other two stand mildly behind, clearly listening in. Even though the music played fairly low, you could hear the silence within the shop, the only sound coming from Amaru's mouth as he seemingly could only let out breaths of air.

"Talk to me man, what's going on up there?" Hendrichs asks in a low voice, trying to break through to Amaru,

"Ma'Dukes," Amaru shakes his head, placing both his hands over his nose, against his cheekbones, "uhm, she's had a severe stroke, she's in hospital," his voice cracks, as he momentarily closes his eyes.

"Oh no," Shane gasps, her voice full of sorrow. She knew just how much his mother meant to him, so she hoped from the deepest parts of her heart that she would pull through, and today would not be her day.