Chapter XVII: Forget the past

It was a dark night, kinda gloomy but the mood changed when a kid skips to reach her.

"Sorry, it's cold." Tzuyu hands a paper bag full of treats, the girl just can't handle not to smile.

Opening the bag, she saw that her favorite donuts are there.. and many more. "It's okay aunt Tzuyu." Emiko giggles.

Tzuyu kneels, "I told you don't call me aunt, unnie is enough." Then ruffled the girl's hair.

"Okay unnie."

Tzuyu looks up and stared at those shining eyes, "Anyway, why are you still up?" She asked. It's late at night and Tzuyu didn't really expects that the kid will receive the things she got for her.

"Oh, mommy-" but then, Emiko was interuppted with a..  "Tzuyu?"

"Mina.." this made Tzuyu stood up, she then cleans her knees.

"Mommy woke up and it wake me up too." There, the kid had explained. And it now makes so much sense, because Mina is now staring at her.

"What are you doing here?" Mina asked as she pull her child closer.

"Giving Koko donuts." Tzuyu said, Emiko smiled at her with pureness.

"So it was you?" Mina utters, "Me who?" Tzuyu asked.

"Miko go inside."

The kid obeyed her mother and went inside, now it's just Mina and Tzuyu alone in the darkness.

"When did you start giving her those?" Mina went straight to it and asked.

"I have no bad intentions Mina, I'm just-"

"Answer me, when did you knew?" She cross her arms.

Tzuyu sighed, "Couple months ago, and i just somehow knew it was your daughter." From the resemblance, Tzuyu just can't go wrong with her gut feeling that day. Actually, she saw Emiko at the bakeshop eyeing the breads.

"Why?" Mina asked, eyes became softer.

"Because.. because i care." Tzuyu confronts, and her voice became softer too.

"You don't have to Tzuyu, i owe you a lot already. From that night and.." Mina who tried hard to explain herself, but got cutted by the woman who's adoringly staring at her.

"And when he left you. As i said, i care Mina. You don't have to worry." Tzuyu reached for Mina's hand, caressed it carefully. Too afraid to hurt the delicate human being that once got hurt badly.

"Did he sent you?" Mina asked.

The question astonished Tzuyu, how dare Mina thinks of her that way? Emiko's father brought no good at all, and Tzuyu will never get under that bastard's shits.

"No! Why would he? And besides, i cutted my ties with him.. from the time i knew.. i didn't talked to him again." Tzuyu said, Mina exhaled deeply.

Mina looks at her side, "He deserves it." She mumbles.

"Actually, he tried once. But also, once is enough to prove that he's a douche. He left you! And Koko." Tzuyu said, a bit loud as she get caught up. She witnessed how Mina's ex boyfriend, or her former best friend used to do terrible things to Mina.

Tzuyu tsked, disappointed at herself. She bow down and looked at her feet. "I'm sorry.."

Mina caressed her arm up to her shoulder then gave it a little pat, "It's fine. It's late, come inside."

Tzuyu holds onto Mina's hand, Mina glanced at her. "No, I won't be staying too long. Goodnight Mina."

"Goodnight then, Uyu.." with that, memories flashed like never before. All the laughter, jokes and dumb stuff the three of them used to do.