6: Awkward

Standing at whatever side of the seemingly endless void of darkness, the temperature increases dramaticly. It felt like a lit candle was left to burn her house with her alone in it.

But of course, every shanty has it's own end.
Rushia found herself in the same old room she spent her nights in for weeks and was greeted by the same old ceiling.

Looking around, she saw herself bathing in her own sweats.
Drops of salted water trickled down her face.
Each breath she takes felt like a heavy burden suffocating her.

The same soft blanket which kept her warm at cold lonely nights became a flaming boulder weighing her down.
She took the blanket off her, lightening the heavy feeling it gave her body.

Cold metal vibrated under her palm, the device kept buzzing 'till she swiped it off.
Tapping keys on her screen allowed her access to it's applications, she immediately checked the forecast.

Her still blurry vision from just waking up gave her slight trouble, but it did caught "37 degrees" on the bright screen.
Her feet made contact with the floor then eventually led her out.

The bright screen was left to dim into a pitch black.
Her feet stopped in front the bathroom before continuing inside.
Her right foot pushed the door close behind her but it didn't do the job properly which Rushia was too half- asleep to notice.

The stream of water was warmer than it usually was but it did decreased the heat of her body.

"It's already summer."

It felt like it was just yesterday since she had met the new pair.
Time flew by quickly with the four around her.
The previous duo with her and Pekora became a small friendgroup of crackheads.

The noises of the water hitting the floor was too loud for Rushia to notice the sound of footsteps.
Her head turned three degrees each four frames to the shower curtains which was wide open.

A person stood still with their mouth open as they rub eyes circled black.
Strands of their hair were all over the place but their red hair falls in place.
A plan for murder immediately formed inside Rushia's mind.

An eye the other owns squinted, barely allowing sight to the eye darker than blood freshly gushing out of cutted flesh.
An eye as bright as gold then followed along.

Both locked each other's gazes on one another, frozen by the heavy atmosphere that grew between them.
Neither moved a muscle until Marine swallowed the liquid forming in her mouth.

Though groggy, her mouth let out words. "As much as i'd like to stay and watch, i feel like that would be a death wish of mine. So~"
Turning her body 180 degrees from the other, her feet strides towards the door.

"Goodbye."

Faster than the other could react to, Marine clicked the lock of the door before slamming it shut behind her.

Gears of different sizes and types paired up inside Rushia's mind, allowing her of all what just happened to process smoothly.
_______________________________________

The heat was hotter than female in suits could ever be.
Merely a percent of the students decided to wear an extra layer of fabric.

All of campus' fans were worked to the very inch of it's mechanical being.
A single drop of water under unroofed areas immediately goes back to the clouds.
It was hell for the ones used to chill surroundings.

It was already hot for everyone but just the sight of Marine still in her signature hoodie made the four feel the temperature go higher than the one wearing it.