44| Covert Advances - 𝐈𝐈

[TW/ Intoxication, infrequent strong language, sexual language]

Lancelot's honour and loyalty is put to the rest. Ari calls into question who she can and cannot trust.

Gripping at the collar, Ari pulled him down to her, her lips colliding with his to wash away the pain of this day. Like the culmination of a rolling drum, on its final beat they crashed together devastatingly, neither finding the will to pull away or part from how they melded into one. A singular kiss so strong which stole all of the air from between them leaving nothing but ruins in its wake. He both wrecked her and made her whole, her lips already bruising from such coveted force, and she made him embrace life, to thirst for endless time in the cup which was her.

When they separated after a long moment, it was like relief for the ability to fill their lungs again, but neither of them deviated too far, holding one another in the silence filled with the echoes of their ragged breaths.

Lancelot tilted his forehead against hers, nuzzling as he uttered her name with the grace of a warming smile reserved for only the Fey queen. He didn't need to look to her to ask for permission to steal another kiss for he had a feeling that she would not decline him, his eyes remaining closed in his light-heartedness as he ghosted his lips towards hers again.

Ari felt the scratch of the coarse hair over his lip drift across her skin, her parted lips already waiting and begging for the reprieve of this torturous stillness. She resisted for a moment but she could wait no more, snaking her palm up and into the concealed space of his hood.

Her kiss was fierce, almost catching him off guard and Lancelot obliged, hungrily grazing his lips over hers in return like he had been starved of any satisfaction for weeks. Though the leather bind separating her skin from his was almost frozen, he did not feel it, so lost already in her and whereas before he had thought that a drunken woman was not how he wished to end his night, he would take his love losing her senses for him any day.

 Though the leather bind separating her skin from his was almost frozen, he did not feel it, so lost already in her and whereas before he had thought that a drunken woman was not how he wished to end his night, he would take his love losing her se...

The silence swiftly turned to the soft puffs of air which fell between them, a battle in itself where no one would win. Ari felt the tautness of his neck bend and tighten beneath her palm as he dipped to meet her, their height difference making itself more prominent. His hold on her did not loosen, splayed hands gripping her neck and her waist and encouraging her, if anything, to delve further into this embrace.