"Come here." I walked over to him and leaned into his arms. "I adore you, you know that?"

"I adore you too."

"I'm gonna be busy for the next few days, so you won't be seeing a lot of me. I'm not sure how long but I'll try to be around as much as I can. Once I'm back we can go sightseeing and I'll show you some of my favorite spots. Is that okay?"

"That's fine." I nodded.

"Are you sure? I can fly Chase here if you'd like. To keep you company."

"That's not necessary, I promise I'll be fine okay? Besides I have Maria to hang out with."

"Okay." He kissed the top of my head.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"Mom has a dinner tomorrow at the estate and then from there I'll be leaving."

"Sounds good. What will you be doing?"

"By now you know that I'm going on a mission."

I nodded.

"I'm not supposed to utter a word to a soul but I trust you. The mission is to avenge our sister. Ever since Angelo killed Allison he's been mocking us ever since, and now it's time kick him off that high horse. Since our father isn't in charge anymore we can finally go after him."

"I guess all Angelo's are bad news."

"What do you mean?"

"I had a bad run in with an Angelo. A horrible run in actually. I lost all the money David left to me because I was trying to kill him."

"I thought you lost everything and went into debt due to poor financial choices?" Lorenzo still looked confused.

"Angelo Rossi, the man who killed Mary and David. The spiral I went into after David died was me trying to get revenge. I spent all that money David left to me trying to hunt him down. I sold the house, I pawned Mary's jewelry, I sold anything of value to get money so I could get information on him. Angelo's a very powerful man and it wasn't cheap to get information on his whereabouts. You had to pay a lot of money just to get someone to talk. I went into debt when I took out loans and credits cards to try to get on my feet after losing everything. Anyway I found Angelo eventually and it wasn't a pleasant encounter."

"It's over Rossi." I had my gun pointed directly at him. I tracked him all the way here in upstate New York. He was in a hotel under a fake alias.

"I've been looking forward to meeting you Samai."

He's way too calm and how does he know my name?

The bastard is sitting there with a glass of whiskey swirling it without a care in this world. The next thing I know, I feel a sharp pain to the back of my head and I black out.

I wake up later, bound to a chair in what looks like an abandoned warehouse. Angelo is sitting across from me with a sinister smile on his face. One of his men held a camera pointed at me.

"Welcome back."

"You sick fuck! I'm gonna fucking kill you." I thrashed against the rope.

"Says the one who is bound to the chair." He smiles. "You know, you have skills. Not many people succeed in finding me."

"Are you done?" I asked not interested in whatever was coming from his mouth.

"No actually, I've had many people try to kill me over the years but never a female so I had to meet you. I sure didn't recognize you but I had to know what I had done for such a beautiful lady to be hunting me. After some digging, I realized you were apart of David's posse. It's a shame I had to kill him and his wife. And now you'll be joining them."

"Just shut the fuck up and do it. I have nothing to live for anyway. You and your sick twisted men took away the only people who ever loved me. It's not like I have nothing to live for. So just fucking do it."

"Huh, that's a shame. You actually want to die. That's no fun." He turned to one of his men. "Paul what's worse than dying?"

"Living a miserable life." Paul snickered.

"Ah, that's what I'll do. I'll make you go back to your miserable life where you'll be all alone, with no family and no home, but not without a reminder."

He took out his knife and sliced the side of my leg all the way down and stopped above my knee.

"I promise you, if you don't kill me now, you'll regret it later because I will stop and nothing until you're dead.

"Ooh I'm scared ." He laughed along with his men before they all left.

"He was always one step ahead in everything. I swore I would kill him but I gave that up since I realized I couldn't take him on alone. Sometimes I wonder if he's still alive."

"He is." Enzo jaw was clenched.

"What do you mean?"

"Angelo Rossi is the one who killed my sister."

This had to be a joke.

"You're joking. There's no way."

I watched as he dug in his pockets to fetch his phone. He began navigating then he flipped the phone toward me. On the screen I saw the man who took my family from me.

"I had no idea he was the one who killed Mary and David."

There's no way I'm missing the opportunity to kill that asshole, but now I need to convince Lorenzo.

"Baby I know you're already gonna say n-"

"No." He said.

"Enzo pleas-"

"Absolutely not."

"But-"

"It's not up for discussion."

"Will you please just hear me out."

"Go ahead but the answer is still no."

"This man killed the only family I've ever had, I lost everything going after him. If there's a chance of taking him down I want to be a part of it. I'll be a good asset Enzo please just let me help."

"I promise we'll get revenge for your family but you are not coming. It's too dangerous."

"Enzo I can handle myself!" I slightly raised my voice.

"I know you can Samai but I'm not taking any chances. You aren't coming and that's final."

We'll see about that.

"Whatever." I stormed off and got in bed.

I tried to fall asleep after that but I just couldn't. There's an opportunity to take down Angelo once and for all, I need to be in on it. That fucker caused me a lot of pain and I'm not missing the chance to return the favor.

After an hour, my mind was still racing. Enzo finally came inside and I pretended to sleep. I felt him watch me for a moment. Then he sighed. I felt the bed dip then his arm wrapped around me. He kissed my temple.

"I just can't lose you too."

...
Thank you guys for 300 followers and 13k reads.

Most of you who already reached this far didn't get to read about her leg scar. I went back in previous chapters to foreshadow Samai's story a little better so I added a few things and the scar was one of them.