Chapter 20

Once we touched down in Italy, I was beyond excited

Once we touched down in Italy, I was beyond excited. We just exited the private jet and we're now standing by the steps. I was looking around while Lorenzo and his mother had a talk.

"Mi piacerebbe se entrambi venite a soggiornare e nella tenuta." (I would love it if you both come stay at the estate.)

"Sappiamo entrambi che non è una buona idea mamma." (We both know that's not a good idea mom.)

"I just want to spend more time with you and get to know Samai a bit more."

"You will, you'll see a lot of us."

"I'll hold you to that. Oh my car is here. I'll see you soon figlio." Maria came towards me. "Samai, come give me a hug. Don't let that boy of mine keep you from me okay? I have to go now but I hope to see you soon."

"Of course, I'd love for us to get to know each other some more. I'll see you soon." I returned her hug.

After we said our goodbyes we headed to the hotel that we would be staying at. According to Enzo, it's close to the estate so it wouldn't be a far travel back and forth.

"You look exhausted." Enzo commented.

"I am." I gave him a small smile and leaned on his shoulder.

I hadn't realized I fell asleep until I woke up hours later in bed with Enzo's large arm wrapped around me. I slowly wiggled myself out of his arm and went to look for the bathroom. When I finished I went exploring around the hotel room, but upon looking around I realized it was more of a penthouse.

This place is posh.

Upon returning to the bedroom I didn't see Enzo in bed anymore. I checked the bathroom and he wasn't there. I got confused because I didn't see him come out to where I was earlier. I heard a voice speaking but I didn't know where. I walked over to where I saw the curtain blowing and heard the voice a little louder.

"And there's no way to push it back?.......I just don't wanna leave Samai by herself right now, she's excited to be here and I wanted to show her around and spend time with her before this mission takes up all my time."

He came here for a mission? I thought he was done with the Mafia.

"Fuck Ale, I know it's important." He sounded frustrated. When I got closer I saw him running his hand through his hair. He sighs. "Alright, I'll just extend the trip. I'm not leaving here knowing she didn't have a good time..........Fuck off." He hung up.

He held on to the rail of the balcony and looked over.

"You know for a bounty, you really aren't very discreet."

"Ex-bounty, and I told you I was a little rusty."

He turned around and he just stood there in his sweats and no shirt.