Chapter 10

Tonight was a surprising date

Tonight was a surprising date. I thought Samai would've needed more time to figure out if she wanted to give us a chance. I'm getting the opportunity to explore things with a woman I've admired for a while so I'm not complaining.

I'm just returning home from dropping her off. I would've loved if she stayed but this is relatively new to her and I don't want her to think we're moving too fast.

As I'm walking inside the house my phone starts to ring. A FaceTime call was coming in from Samai.

"I miss you, I should've stayed." She pouts into the camera. She looked absolutely adorable, and I was already missing her plump lips on mine.

"Just say the word and I'll come pick you up." I paused to go back outside.

"No, it's okay. Maybe next time. Plus you're already home, it makes no sense to come back."

"Too late." I made my way over to the car.

Anything to spend more time with you mi amore.

"Lorenzo no, it's seriously fine."

"My girl misses me so I have to deliver." I winked into the camera.

As I'm buckling my seatbelt I hear a loud thump in Samai's background. She looked concerned.

"One second Lorenzo." She held up her index finder. "Chase!?" She called out but didn't hear anything. "Chase, this isn't funny."

I remember hearing Chase say he wasn't planning on coming back tonight. Another loud thud with a cracking noise was heard, It sounded like her door was being kicked down. A bad feeling was bubbling inside of me so I told her not to investigate.

"Samai, listen to me. Stay in your bedroom and don't come out. I'll be there as soon as I can, you hear me?" I backed out and started speeding down the road.

"Okay." She nodded.

"Lock your door. Do you have anything to defend yourself?"

She didn't respond she just nodded. A sound of glass breaking was heard.

"Fuck! Samai go into your connected bathroom and lock the door, I'm almost there." She didn't move she just kept her gaze on the door. "Samai! Everything will be alright just do as I say." She still didn't budge.

I was starting to lose my patience, this is the time she chooses to be stubborn? If anything happened to her I wouldn't forgive myself.

"FUCKS SAKE SAMAI, MOVE YOUR ASS."

A loud kick was heard on her door and she shrieked. More kicking was heard and at this point I was running red lights to get to her. She had turned the lights off and stood in the corner of her room. With each thud she would flinch.

I fucking knew I shouldn't have dropped her home. Whoever this fucker is, will die by my hands tonight. My knuckles were tight on the steering wheel and at the rate I was going, the speedometer's gonna break.