Chapter 35

"Well... Are you both all right?" You questioned with honest worry for the couple.

"We had such a lovely time. This guest is leaving your home." Mrs Hart covered wandas eyes getting a laugh from your sister.

"Yes, thank you for coming." Wanda shook her hand.

"You made me proud tonight, First thing Monday morning, you and me are gonna have a little chat. We'll see about that promotion." Mr Hart shook hands with your brother and Vision.

"Yes, sir! Thank you, sir!" Vision agreed eagerly.

"Thank you." Mr Hart looked to you as you held the door open for them, still concerned over everything that had happened in such a short amount of time.

"Oh... What a charming door knocker." Mrs Hart noticed the missing lobster that was on your door. She knocked it as you watched with a slight smile. "Good night!" As she left you closed the door with a huff.

"We are an unusual couple, ya know?" Wanda spoke as Vision turned back to himself and they sat down on the couch. You and Pietro easily found your way to sit on the floor like you would when you were kids.

"Oh, I don't think that was ever in question." Vision said.

"Well, what I mean is... We don't have an anniversary."

"Huh."

"Or a song. Or even wedding rings." Wanda continued.

"Well, we could remedy that. Today could be our anniversary." Vision suggested as his arm rested on her shoulders and he looked to his wife with love.

"Of what? Surviving our first dinner party?" She laughed, causing you and Pietro to laugh at her joke as well.

"Precisely. And our song could be?"

"Yakety Yak, naturally." Wanda smiled proudly.

"Naturally." Vision agreed.

"Hmm. And the rings?"

"Well, couldn't you make some for us?" Vision held out his hand and Wanda magically placed rings on their fingers.

"I do. Do you?" Vision looked to your sister.

"Yes. I do." She smiled and held his hand.

"And they lived happily ever after." Vision said before they kissed. Turning on the TV you watched as your favourite sitcom played.

~~~

"Director Hayward, between you, me, and the bedpost, I am not confident about this mission." Jimmy gave his input to the director as an agent had been sent through the sewers into Westview. Clint walked behind the pair, keeping a close watch over the base.

"Thanks for the feedback, Jimmy. If only my drones were as forthcoming." Hayward replied sarcastically.

"There's no reason to suspect the perimeter doesn't extend subterraneously."Clint added, giving his own input on what he has seen since arriving.

"There's no reason to suspect it does." Hayward suggested back.

"We don't know enough about the nature of the threat to send in another agent when the first is yet to return." Jimmy tried again as they made it to the main room of the set up base.

"Someone must really miss you back in Quantico." Hayward told Jimmy.

"No, sir. Softball season's over, sir." He spoke in a hushed tone with some shame.

"What do we have up?" Hayward walked down the steps to ask his people for information and what had been set up so far.

"Radar, lidar, sodar, infared." A woman pointed at each of the screens as she spoke.

"Cycle through." Hayward orders and after a few moments. "Will someone get me a useful visual, damn it?" He snapped out in frustration until everyone heard an audience laughing. They all looked around in confusion, trying to pin point the sound. "What is that?"

"Can I just see you in the kitchen for a moment, sweetheart?" Wandas voice sounded out.

"Who's doing that?" Hayward continued it look around as Clint walked towards Darcy.

"Who are those people?" Wanda asked her husband as they entered the kitchen.

"What are you wearing?" Vision looked his wide up and down.

"Why are they here?"

"What are you wearing?"

"Well, it's our anniversary!"

"Our anniversary of what?"

"Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!"

"Is that..." Woo started to ask Darcy as everyone crowded around her to see the black and white show on the screen.

"Yeah, it looks like her." Darcy shrugged as Clint watched in shock.

"You move at the speed of sound and I can make a pen float through the air. Who needs to abbreviate?" Wanda asked Vision.

"Look, I know it's been a crazy few years on this planet, but he's dead, right? Not blipped, dead." Darcy looked around to Clint for answers as he was the only one who had personally known you and your siblings.

"Excellent plan. Where's the tenderizer?" Visions voice cut through.

"What am I looking at? You? What is that? Where's this coming from?" Hayward questions harshly.

"Out there." Darcy pointed towards the barrier outside.

"You didn't answer the back door. For your upside-down cake. Oh! Hi, I..." Agnes arrived on screen.

"Is it authentic?" Hayward asked while still watching as the door was shut in Agnes face.

"I'm not sure how to answer that." Darcy shook her head.

"Is it happening in real time? Is it recorded, fabricated?" Hayward piled questions onto her.

"I don't know. I don't know. And I don't know." She shrugged in response.

"What do you know?" Hayward asked.

"My equipment registered an extremely high level of CMBR. That's..." she started.

"Relic radiation dating back to the Big Bang." Clint cut her off and she nodded along.

"Yeah, entwined was a broadcast frequency. So I had your goons pick me up a sweet vintage TV. And when I plug this bad boy in, voilà, sound and picture." She explained further, proud of what she had found.

"Dinner is served." Wanda presented proudly.

"So you're saying the universe created a sitcom starring four Avengers?" Jimmy questioned, still not wrapping his head around it.

"It's a working theory." Darcy said.

"Get me a transport back to headquarters now. Are we recording this?" Hayward started with orders to his agents.

"Never stopped." Darcy replied, turning back to the show.

"I need immediate analysis. Now, people. Let's go!" Hayward continued to shout out as everyone rushed around in a hurry that they had some information on what was happening inside Westview.

"He's a charmer." Darcy commented to Jimmy and Clint as they stood beside her still.

"Great work." Clint told her with a pat on the shoulder as he looked to see you next to your brother on the tv.

"Hey, thanks!" She smiled as he walked off with Woo and the audience laughed.

"Maybe I could get that coffee now? Or not. That's cool." Darcy called out to anyone who would listen.

"Aw." Darcy watched as Wanda and Vision kissed and music played as the credits played. She finished her notes and closed her notebook, sliding it back on her desk.

————————————————
Question of the day: what did you think of Darcy's return to marvel?