Chapter 04

U-Gin Genetic Research Lab, Seoul, Korea

"Scream, and your entire staff dies. I could've killed you, Helen, the night we met. I didn't." Ultron told Helen Cho as she entered her lab to find him, your siblings and you waiting for her.

"Do you expect a thank you note?" She asked in an almost sassy way, trying to act as though she isn't being threatened by a robot.

"I expect you to know why."

"The Cradle." She noted as his eyes drifted towards it.

"This is the next thing, Tony." Her voice was replayed by a recording Ultron had taken from Jarvis when Helen had been healing Clint.

"This...is the next me." Ultron claimed.

"The regeneration cradle prints tissue, it can't build a living body." She reminded him of how it worked.

"It can, you can. You lack the materials. You're a brilliant woman, Helen. But we all have room to improve." She backed up in fear as he stepped closer to her, towing over the woman's small frame. One of his drones handed him the sceptre that had given you your powers and he poked her gently in the chest with it, watching as her eyes flooded with darkness and she complied with his orders.

"It's beautiful. The Vibranium atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, they're binding them. And SHIELD never even thought--" Helen started as she looked at the body now being built in the cradle.

"The most versatile substance on the planet and they used it to make a Frisbee. Typical of humans, they scratch the surface and never think to look within." Ultron commented with hatred. A laser had been pointed to the sceptre, working to take the stone from it to finish off making the body and giving it life. Ultron took the stone and carefully placed it in the head of the body, you and your triplets watching from the side.

"Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream." Dr Cho continued as she plugged him into the cradle. "We're uploading your cerebral matrix...now."

"I can read him. He is dreaming." Wanda told you as you all stood off to the side and watched.

"I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness, informational noise. Soon—"  Helen explained the science behind it.

"How soon? I'm not being pushy." Ultron claimed, cutting her off.

"We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem is..." she continued as Wanda stepped forward and touched the cradle to read its mind better. Letting out a scream Wanda fell back into your brother. Pietro had protectively pushed you behind him and held onto your sister to keep her upright.

"How could you?" She asked with fear towards the robot. You watched the interaction with confusion, scared at how Wandas mood towards him had changed so quickly.

"How could I what?" Ultron questioned her, oblivious as to what she had seen.

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world."

"It will be better."

"When everyone is dead."

"That is not-- The human race will have every opportunity to improve." Ultron tried to explain himself to you.

"And if they don't?" Pietro asked the question that was burning you all.

"Ask Noah." Ultron stated.

"You're a madman." Wanda accused.

"There were more than a dozen extinction level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it, and believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve. There's no room for the weak."

"And who decides who's weak?" Pietro inquired with curiosity for Ultron's answer. You watched your sister use her powers to break Helen from the spell the sceptre had cast on her.

"Life. Life always decides. There's incoming. The Quinjet. We have to move." Ultron reported back from one of his drones.

"That's not a problem." Cho said stepping up and canceling the upload.

"Ugh" Ultron grows upset and blasts her, Pietro running his sisters both to safety in the heat of the moment.

~~~

You and your triplets stood in the market, looking up at a television you watched as Captain America fought Ultron close by on top of a truck. Pietro looks down to your sister and you before turning to look in the direction that the fight was in close by.

Pietro speeds you both onto the train, knocking down Ultron in his fight with the Avenger. Ultron had moved to attack your brother when your sister had used her powers to bend the metal across, blocking his path. Steve looks to you as you gave him backup.

"Please. Don't do this."

"What choice do we have?" You asked the robot who had convinced you to do bad things to good people. He moves to blast your brother but Pietro moves just in time, Ultron escaping in the process.

"I lost him! He's headed your way!" Captain America yelled, jumping over the seats and running into the Captains cart to find him dead. "If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve yelled out, probably on comms with someone. "Go!" Steve repeated his orders sternly before making his way back to you and your siblings still waiting to help.

"Civilians in our path." Steve points ahead, knowing the train won't stop. Pietro rushes out to move the people out of the line of danger. "Can you stop this thing?" He turns to your sister. She nods and uses all of her focus. "Hold on" he sits you down in a chair before rushing back to the front to cover the hole in the window with his shield as you crash through walls. You are thrown back into the floor before your sister finally slows the wheels and brings the cart to a stop in a small market. Everyone runs off the train while you and your sister scramble to find Pietro.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a minute." Pietro claimed as he took deep heavy breaths when you approached him.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one." Steve joined you all with slight joke and slight annoyance in his tone.

"The Cradle, did you get it?" You asked with worry that they didn't.

"Stark will take care of it." Steve claimed calmly.

"No, he won't." Wanda shook her head in fear of Stark.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy" Steve continued.

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda continued her argument.

"Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?" He tried to get in contact but failed.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda voiced the big question, making the captain think.

——————————————————
Question of the day:what was your favourite scene from age of ultron?