Chapter 28

While you all talked about Pietros sacrifice, Tony, Rocket and Bruce were busy putting the stones into a gauntlet in the lab.

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asked when everyone else joined in the lab and stood around the gauntlet. Natasha stood close to you as you were still feeling emotional after the events that had happened.

"I'll do it." Thor stated.

"Excuse me?" Tony stepped in to protest.

"It's okay." Thor continued to saunter over.

"No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey–" everyone tired to hold him back.

"Wait, wait, Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve reminded.

"I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor sassed back.

"We should at least discuss it." Scott backed them up as you nodded in agreement.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." Thor explained.

"It's not about that–" Tony started.

"It's not that– Stop it! Just let me!" Thor hushes everyone in his ramble. "Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right."

"Look– It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition." Tony said as Thor had a tight hold on his shirt.

"What do you– What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor asked seriously.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhode guessed sarcastically.

"Lightning." Thor answered, ignoring Rhode.

"Yeah."

"Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me." Bruce stated, everyone turning to the large green man. Thor releases Tony from his grasp in shock at the idea.

"Are you sure about this?" Natasha asked him questionably.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive." Hulk continued his reasoning.

"How do we know you will?" Steve voiced the main question.

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma." He reminded. "It's like...I was made for this." He finished while looking at the gauntlet.

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony questioned the status.

"Let's do it." Bruce nodded along.

"You remember– everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Tony reminded the rules for this mission.

"Got it." Everyone put on their helmets and stood behind shields. Natasha stood next to you and you covered the two of you with a force field.

"Thanks" she smiled before focusing on the event in front of you both.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol. Will you?" Tony ordered kindly.

"Yes, boss." The base base is put on lockdown as all doors and windows close down around you securing you all in.

"Everybody comes home." Bruce says before he puts on the gauntlet and you all watch in anticipation as he groans through the pain of the stones power.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor urged with worry for his friend.

"No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" Steve cuts in.

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony orders him.

"I'm okay, I'm okay" he told you as Thor sent him a nervous thumbs up. He manages to snap as he screams through the pain. Suddenly Bruce faints to the ground and you all rush over, Clint kicking away the gauntlet to prevent any more harm.

"Bruce!" Steve rushed to his side right away.

"Don't move him." Tony orders as he worked to help Hulks scarred arm to the best of his ability's.

"Did it work?" Bruce asked Steve while holding the soldiers arm.

"Worth a shot. It's over. It's okay." Thor pat his head gently. The doors around the base opened up again to let in the bright light from the sun. Scott walked over to look out of the window while Clint checked his phone that was buzzing.

"Guys– I think it worked!" Scott claimed softly before Bruce looked up to see a large ship belonging to Thanos. His eyes widened as it shot down at you all, destroying the base. Quickly taking action you covered yourself and Natasha with a forcefield to prevent either of you from getting badly hurt.

"Y/n!" Natasha called, noticing that you were struggling to keep the weight of the building up.

"Nat, hold onto me. I can get us out of here" you told her and she did as you told without question, trusting you with her life. Letting go of the shield you phased the both of you out of the mess and over the rubble that was once your home. You were both gasping for air and looking around with panic when your eyes set on the trio fighting a purple titan.

"Natasha, over there" you pointed down.

"It can't be" she gasped at the sight.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me." Tony ordered and Thor summons lighting, striking Tony in the back to power up his suit before Tony shot at Thanos. Thanos dodged the energy blast with his sword before Thor's hammer was thrown to him like a baseball but Thanos threw Tony in the way and he got hit instead.

"Boss, wake up!" Friday urged.

"What's happening? I thought we killed him?" You asked with confusion at the sight of the mad titan. Thor was pinned down now with his axe cutting into his chest when suddenly you gasped watching Steve pick up Thor's hammer and Throw it at Thanos.

"I knew it!" Thor cheered proudly before being kicked to the ground by thanos who had then moved on to fight Steve.

"We have to get down there" Natasha urged you away from watching the fight and insisted on joining it. The two of you rushed down the rocky hill and finally reached the bottom to see thanos knock Steve back harshly. "Get up" she pulled him to his feet. He tightened the broken shield around his arm and stood with you two behind him.

"What do we do Cap?" You asked with nerves, seeing thanos and his army ahead of you.

"We fight" he stated simply as if that was the only answer.

——————————————————
Question of the day: what do you think of Y/n and Natasha standing with Steve to fight Thanos?