16

"Thanks, love, " Zain says, hiding his yawn behind the cloth napkin Harry always insisted on using. 

"Did you like it?" Harry asks, taking Zain's plate right away. "It's a new place, I walked past it earlier and it looked delightful."

"Yea, of course," Zain says, blinking when Harry slides a bowl of fruit salad in front of him. "Dessert?"

"You haven't been sleeping enough, you need your vitamins," Harry fusses, leaning down to buss a kiss over Zain's cheek. 

"I've been sleeping plenty," Zain says, obligingly eating his fruit. Harry would fuss otherwise until he ate it anyways. "You don't have to worry."

"Of course," Harry says, crossing his legs as he sits back down. "How's the abstract for your paper going? Have you finished your reading soon?"

"Just doing some more reading," Zain shrugs. "You haven't said about your coffee date, love."

"It's was ok," Harry shrugs. "A bit awkward. We haven't done a lot together recently, so we didn't have a lot to talk about. Like, you know. They did," he adds, shrugging.

"Hannah texted about another karaoke night," Zain says to cheer him up. "You wanna?"

"Oh," Harry perks up, beaming at him. "Yes, I would like that."

"I'll text her later," Zain nods, taking the empty bowls to put in the dishwasher. "I'll have to study, love," he says, kissing Harry's head and stroking his shoulders for a bit. 

"I know," Harry says, tilting his head back. "I'm gonna clean up and have a shower anyways. I'll join you later."

"I'd like that," Zain smiles, kissing Harry quickly. He'd like that very much.

💫

"You're going home for Christmas, aren't you?" Harry asks, coming out of the bathroom with a clouds of hot air that smelled like his soap, all sweet. He settles down next to Zain on the sofa, his bare legs right next to Zain's face. It has to be on purpose, Zain always thinks but Harry looks as guileless as always when Zain looks up at him, brushing his hair as he looks at Zain expectedly.

"Yea, I am," Zain nods.

"Hm," Harry makes, falling silent long enough for Zain to turn back to his notes. 

"What are you doing for reading week?" Harry asks quietly, dropping the brush on the coffee table.

"Studying," Zain says, kissing Harry's thigh absently before turning back to his notes.

"Luke booked a short getaway for us during the summer," Harry says haltingly. "Luke didn't want to go, so I got it. I thought we could go? Since it's already paid for?"

"You want to?" Zain asks, stroking his thumb over Harry's knee and looking up at him.

Harry fiddles with the seam of his dress, shrugging. "They can be nice. And it's in Snowdonia, it'll be pretty."

"Wales in winter?" Zain asks skeptically. "But sure, princess, if you wanna go."

"I think it will be nice with you," Harry says, scooting down to lie down beside Zain. "We can spend time together and look at the mountains. We'll take my car so we are independent. There will be a fireplace."

"That makes all the difference," Zain teases softly, cupping his cheek. "You wanna go?"

"Yea," Harry smiles. "And after we spend time apart for Christmas, it'll be even nicer to go away for a bit."

"Hm," Zain says, running his hand up and down Harry's legs and wondering how to ask.

"You're frowning," Harry says, moving closer. "It won't be as wet as you imagine, the house will be nice."

"You know I can't pay for it," Zain says quickly.

"I said it's paid for," Harry says, stroking Zain's hair fussily. "You'll liked it, you liked Manchester."

"I guess," Zain says, nosing at Harry's thigh. "It would be nice."

"See?" Harry says and licks his lips. "I told you."

"Yea," Zain says as well, pressing a kiss to the inside of Harry's thigh and running his hands up Harry's thighs.

"Okay," Harry says, "But let's go to bed, the sofa's not nice on my back."

"You're just saying that because you don't want to move later," Zain says, kissing Harry's belly. 

"Yes," Harry nods, closing his legs and moving away, grabbing his hairbrush on the way to put it away. He was always so neat.

Zain gathers his pens and notes, dropping them on the table and turns off the stereo. 

"Are you coming?" Harry asks from the doorway to the bedroom, fussing with his dress like he wasn't going to take it off in a moment.

"Yea," Zain grins at him, amused. 

💫

i'm crampy and bloated so just imagine the sexiness for me pls