9

The doorbell rings. Zain ignores it, sliding through the few pictures he has of Harry again, watching him beam and pout and look teasingly at the camera. He misses him more than he'd thought, misses spending time with him.

He hasn't realised how much of his free time he had been spending with Harry, how Harry was always there to touch and to talk to about the most inane things. It's not the same via text even if he has gotten some very nice pictures.

"What?" he calls when someone knocks on his door, annoyed. He doesn't want to deal with his roommates today, not after he's barely slept all night because Matt had invited over his friends to party.

"Hi," Harry says, pushing the door open slightly.

Zain blinks at him. He looks like an apparition, so very out of place in Zain's small and damp room. His hair is soft and his coat looks way too expensive to even be in proximity to Zain's house.

"Hey," Zain says, getting up quickly and cupping Harry's cheek to kiss him.

Harry sighs into his mouth, clutching at Zain's sweater.

"I thought you were coming back tomorrow?" Zain asks, cupping Harry's cheek and holding him close.

He wants to strip him and press him to the mattress but at the same time he cannot, before his mattress would ruin Harry's back, and he's not sure he wants Harry to touch anything in this shithole.

"I didn't want to miss my class," Harry says, looking around curiously. "This is very small, darling," he says, sounding more concerned than anything.

"I know," Zain smiles, amused. He can't even press Harry to the wall properly, feel him pressed against his front, because the walls in this house were all damp and probably full of mould.

"Have you eaten already?" Harry asks, stroking his hand down Zain's chest, tilting his head slightly. "I thought we could go eat at the Taj. We haven't in ages."

"I don't think two weeks is ages, princess," Zain grins, kissing the corner of Harry's mouth and lingering. He's missed him.

"It feels like it," Harry shrugs. "Come on, let's go. You're staying the night with me, right?"

"Yea," Zain agrees. He can't even imagine coming back here when Harry was offering more time with himself, more time to kiss and touch. And really, he'd follow Harry anywhere if it meant leaving his room.

He grabs his bag and stuffs his laptop into it, not even making an attempt to take clothes. He's still not quite sure what to make of it, but he has a whole stack of clothing at Harry's now, stuff Harry had bought for him in various degrees of sneakiness. He should probably insist more firmly, but it would not end in his favour and he cannot bear to see Harry cry again. Harry's not sure how Harry manages to still look so pretty while he's crying like his heart is breaking.

"You leaving?" Jack asks when they pass him on the narrow stairs, throwing Harry an assessing look and sneering slightly. Zain cannot stand his flatmates. He'll definitely not renew his lease for another year but the house was cheap and convenient, it would be hard finding another one.

"Yep," Zain says, urging Harry forward with a hand on his back. He breathes a sigh of relief once he's pulled the door closed behind themselves, wrapping his arm more firmly around Harry's waist. He knows Harry likes to be touched.