4

"Come on, Zain," Louis says, clapping Zain's shoulder. "Don't be such a drag. It'll be fun."

"I don't know why you like them," Zain sighs. "They're so — rich."

Louis snorts. "You've got q new laptop from your rich little study buddy," he says, rolling his eyes. "Let me go to a party by the people from my theatre society. They're not gonna bite."

"I still don't know why," Zain says, following Louis up the stairs and into the house that was lit up with lights and kind of vibrating with music. "He's up to something."

"Yea, it's super sinister, giving someone a laptop," Louis yells over the music. "Come on, let's get drunk!"

Zain rolls his eyes but agrees with a nod, letting himself be pulled through the throng of people crowded in the hallway and on the stairs.

He lets himself be caught up in it, sipping his beer and laughing with Louis, trying ridiculous dance moves and flirting with a couple of girls, chatting with some people he recognises from his classes.

Harry finds him when he's managed to snag a seat on the couch in the kitchen, finally enjoying a bit of peace and quiet.

"Zain!" he calls over the bass of the music, sliding sideways onto Zain's lap and wrapping his arm around his shoulder, pressing his mouth against Zain's ear. "Pretend you're my boyfriend!" he calls, wiggling around slightly.

Zain catches him with a hand on his thigh to prevent him from falling straight to the floor. The skin of his thighs is as soft as Zain's imagined and he can't resist rubbing his thumb over it, brushing against the hem of Harry's skirt.

"Why?" he asks, letting Harry grab his beer and take a sip.

"Mm?" Harry makes, blinking at Zain in confusion. His cheeks are flushed and his eyes dark, his hair hanging slightly sweaty into his forehead and the make up around his eyes slightly smudged. "Oh!" Harry says, pointing vaguely with the hand holding Zain's beer. "The guy in the red shirt won't leave me alone."

Zain looks around but the only guy in a red shirt he can see isn't even looking in Harry's direction. Zain's not gonna complain, though. Just holding Harry feels nice, and he smells familiar after all those hours in Harry's flat. Zain's never seen him with make up before and he likes the way his eyes are lined. His lips are swollen and red, like he was kissing and rubbed his lipstick off. Zain tries not to dwell to much on it, but it looks lovely, plush and soft lips.

"You should come visit me tomorrow," Harry says, his lips brushing the shell of Zain's ear. "You haven't in ages."

"It's been two days," Zain says drily, rubbing a soothing hand over Harry's back. "And I can't, I'm working."

"I don't want you working," Harry pouts, trailing his fingers over Zain's chest. "I want you to spend time with me."

"We can't always get what we want, princess," Zain says, watching Harry pout. Somehow, even that did not make him less attractive to Zain. He was weak.

"I always do," Harry tells him earnestly, looking up at him through his lashes even though he was looking down at Zain, technically. Zain wants to kiss him.

"Zain," Louis interrupts, looking flushed and smug, shooting Harry a calculating look. "You ready to go home?"

"Yea," Zain nods, patting Harry's thigh gently to get him off his lap.

"No," Harry pouts, clinging to Zain when Zain gets up and forces him into standing as well.

"Yea," Zain says, keeping him upright with his hands around his waist. "I gotta work tomorrow."

"You can come by after!" Harry says, perking up. "I'll pick you up!"

"Sure," Zain agrees, because Harry's actually let go of him in his excitement. "See you then, yea."

"See you tomorrow, Zain," Harry smiles, skipping past them and out the kitchen door.

"What was that?" Louis asks, pushing his way through the drunken mess of their fellow students.

"Dunno, he was drunk," Zain shrugs.

Louis snorts. "Sure," he says and then starts talking about the bird he snogged, leaving Zain to remember Harry's soft skin in peace.

💫

all of you suspecting Harry of destroying Zain's laptop on purpose tztztztz that's not nice 😉