Chapter 40: I Know What You Did

(Niall's Pov)

I woke up to the sound of the school bell ringing really loud, I lifted my head from the desk and rubbed my sleepy eyes.

I didn't really sleep last night because I kept thinking about Zayn, I hope he's not in trouble because of what he did last night.

"I hope you studied for the exam next week because that is important" Mr. Colt said, fixing his things before telling us to go now.

I stood up and grabbed my things before leaving the room, I need to go to my locker before I go to the cafeteria and eat lunch. Seeing a lot of people in the hallway made me feel safe, like no one will lunge at me and beat me up. I'm still scared that someone will know about last night.

The spot where my locker is located have people looking at something, preventing me from going to it. But little did I know, they're looking at my locker because I caught a glimpse of a paper pinned to it.

I cleared my throat that made them to turn to me, looking at me like I murdered someone before they stepped aside to let me through.

"What did he do?" I heard someone whisper it from their friend. What did I do? What do they mean by that?

A paper was pinned to it and I took it, reading what's written on it.

"I know what you did last night"

After reading that, my body suddenly froze and it feels like I'm petrified.

"Fuck" I mumbled, getting the strength to look around to see if someone familiar posted this on my locker.

The light above me is hitting the paper and somehow revealing something on the back, I turned it around and saw another note.

"If I were you, I'm going to watch my back from now on" The note says.

The message freaked the hell out of me, I heard that before and now I'm pretty sure that person who said that to me is going to do what he's planning.

All of a sudden, my phone started vibrating. I fished it out of my pocket and looked at the caller Id, but it was an unknown number.

My body says do it but my mind says don't.

I'm really curious about this, I took a deep breath before clicking the answer button.

"Hello?" I asked warily. I'm probably dead by now if the saying 'Curiosity killed the cat' happens right now.

"I told you to back off" The person on the other line answered. "You're messing with the wrong person, Niall" He sounds really enraged because of it.

"What did I do to you?" I questioned him while looking at every student who is around me, maybe he's in disguise.

"You don't remember eh? Or do you want me to make you remember?" He sternly said to me, he sounds really angry right now.

"I didn't do it" I simply said to him, stating the fact that I didn't do what he's accusing me. "I swear"

"Don't try and squirm your way out of this, Horan. I have proof that you're the one who pushed the alarm"

But I didn't turn the alarm on, it was Zayn. But I don't wanna giveaway his name because I'm pretty sure they will kill him for it.

"I swear, I didn't do it" I huffed, leaning back to the lockers behind me and trying to keep myself down.

"Just you wait, Niall. I'll make your life miserable" He threatened me before hanging up, it made me feel that my heart skipped a beat.

I retained my breathing before going to the cafeteria to look for my friends so that I can tell them what happened.

"Niall!" Liam called out, waving his hand in the air. I smiled and walked over to him, sitting down and placing my bag on the table.

"Are you alright, Niall? You look really pale" Liam asked, like what happened yesterday with Edward. He told me that I look really pale, I slowly shook my head that made them worry. "What's wrong?"

"I-Ian called me" I huffed. "He told me to watch my back from now on because of what happened last night" I told them, really scared about what's going to happen.

"Are you sure?" Louis asked, somehow he's on protection mode after telling him that Ian threatened me again. "What do you want us to do?"

I placed my head on the table and groaned, not knowing what to do.

"I don't know but I'll definitely tell Zayn about this" I muttered, hitting my head on the table.

"Hey! Stop that" Liam scolded and I stopped, lifting my head up and making me looks at him. "This is a serious matter, I don't care if I get involved in this but I'm not gonna let anything bad to happen to you" He assured, making me smile really wide.

"Thank you, Li" I leaned over to hug him before sitting down, thinking of a way to contact Zayn without his friends knowing.

All of a sudden, I felt really down after thinking about Zayn not being with me. I hope that doesn't happen.

~O~

My world has shattered at this moment, hearing that Zayn has left the band made me feel devastated. I don't know what to do now. :(

I would like to say that I won't be updating for the next days because I'm not really feeling it right now, maybe a day or two. I'm sorry. 

Vote. Comment. - PotatoPrince