34. We are drunk?

Start from the beginning

That annoying smile. It wasn't even a smirk, which made her even scarier.

"5 seconds and I am leaving. Explain." She sat up straight when I counted 5 off, knowing I was fucking serious. 

"No kid and if you want the kid you can, secrecy, marriage safe, no charges." She blurted out, making me stare at her blankly before sighing heavily.

This was important. 

Eva smiled as she watched me take my seat, starting all over again. This shitty chaos.

"1. No Alan. I never wanted to let you know your kid was alive somewhere in this world. It's because of him you are here. So it's totally fine if you don't wanna see him again, he didn't like you much."

....that hurt.

"And in any case, you still want to see him, that's also fine with me, he likes Athena." Oh christ, what the hell?

"2. Secrecy. No one needs to know about Alan, or me." That was obviously needed.

"3. Your marriage will be safe if you want. I don't want you, your wife can have all of this." 

"As if I am ever gonna push away her for you." I scoffed, but dread filled my insides when she smirked at that. Not good, never good. She didn't say anything on that, which got me even tenser.

Is she planning to break us apart?

"Whatever you say, Ace." ....bullshit.

"4. No charges." Eva smirked at this point, making another sick feeling crawl into the pit of my stomach. "The law will be with me if they ever know you were trying to hide us both from the world. One complaint, you won't see the daylight. Or maybe you will if your daylight is Athena. She will definitely be with you since you are married."

By the end of her oh-so-sweet speech, I was fuming. How dare she...?

"You will face the consequences of your words. Spit another warning, I dare you." I growled lowly, my face twisting in anger when I saw yet another smile.

"Easy with the temper Ace. As I said, all this would be easily solved. Give me half of your company." I kept my shaky hands under the table, so I had a bit less tendency to punch her across the face to wipe off that smile.

"Why the fuck are you dragging her into this?"

"You are the one who dragged her into your life, not me." Eva countered swiftly, making me see red.

Not even once did I, from the bottom of my heart, regret that I married her. Even during the first few weeks. She was adorable and amused me mostly although I covered that up with an annoyed facade.

And now, I wish I kept her away from my messy life. As much as I needed her I wanted her to be happy too even if that means not involving her with me.

"Think about it. You are a smart guy Ace, you know what to do." With that she got up, giving me the last manipulative smile before leaving the cafe. 

How did life become so complicated after 5 years of silence and boredom?

I chugged down the cold drink with the thought, before getting out of the damn place. Should Athena know about this meeting?

.....something tells me no.

I sighed, before getting in the car. "Shane, drive home." I said gravely as he nodded from the driver's seat.

"How did it go?" He inquired quietly, giving me a glance through the back mirror as I took off my hat.

"Disastrously." I replied shortly, conveying the clear message that I don't wanna talk about it.