12

son of a bitch.

your first thought when waking up with a hangover headache seems to always be those choice ones.

each pounding in your skull seemed to reverberate for the first few moments of waking, and you let out an irritated, tired groan in protest against your hangover.

you thought about staying in bed. thought about letting sleep fall over you once again, but the hunger pains in your stomach deny such you a whim.

with an irritated huff you throw your legs over the side of your bed, slowly and begrudgingly dragging yourself out of your bedroom.

by the time you were in the hallway you could smell makoto's morning coffee, and thanked the heavens above that he stayed the night as well. this way you don't have to make coffee yourself and can instead just pour yourself a mug from the already brewed pot of it in the machine.

you do just that once you enter the kitchen, ignoring both gou and makoto as they make quiet, casual conversation on the black leather couch.

you sigh as you grab a mug, pouring yourself a full, steaming cup of coffee before adding yourself some milk and the tiniest bit of sugar.

when you turn to face your friends finally, makoto looks a little lost. as if he's dreading the words he hasn't found yet to tell you something he knows you already don't want to hear.

gou however, looks a little caught between excired and disgusted. eyes a little wide and deep in thought as you stare her down from your place leaning against the island counter. you arch a single, questioning eyebrow at your friends, glancing between them as you awkwardly search their expressions for answers.

after a moment of silence makoto gently sets his mug down on the coffee table, clearing his throat uncomfortably. you sigh, closing your eyes for a moment.

"it's too early for this." you grumble quietly, setting your own mug down in front of you. when you open your eyes makoto is giving you a sympathetic smile.

"she's not gonna take this well." you shakes her head, tutting like an unimpressed mom. you click your tongue audibly, letting the pair before you know just how unhappy you were with how long it's taking them to tell you what's up.

"just tell me, it can't be that bad." you shrug, feigning nonchalance. behind your cool facade came the hangover rage, brought on by your massive migraine.

"it's not." makoto says quickly, raising his hands in mock surrender. "but you'll think it is."

you tilt your head, thoroughly intrigued by what this weird secret could be.

"do you remember dancing last night?" gou intervenes, clearly done with this awkward waiting game of 'who's gonna tell her, or will she figure it out?'

you pause, thinking back on the night for the first time this morning. you nod, mental images of grinding hips, wandering hands, and the bite marks and hickeys probably left on your exposed neck. you have no shame. just the thought of those moments is almost enough to make you weak in the knees again.

gou nods slowly, calculating. she speaks softly, "do you remember dancing with rin?" each word slow and poised, as if trying to remain calm will keep you yourself calm. you stare, blank and unwavering.

sharp teeth is what you remember. sharp teeth sinking into the flesh of your exposed neck, which had been purposefully tilted to allow your dance partner better access. wet lips, strong arms, and a built chest, all feelings and no sight.

sharp teeth.

sharp teeth.

you snort. "is that a joke, or?" you shrug your shoulders, searching the faces of your friends for hints into this lame prank. there is no joke to be found.

"not a joke, n/n." makoto huffs, placing a large hand on your shoulder in an attempt at comforting you just a little.

"not to mention-" gou starts, but makoto shoots her a look over his shoulder. one that you don't see, which makes her pause.

you raise your eyebrow again, pressing.

gou doesn't seem to care much for makoto's warning glance after a moment, jumping up off the couch with a creepy grin on her face.

"i was gonna get railed," she mocks, and you slightly recall your drunken words from the previous night. you face palm, slapping a hand to your forehead with an audible smack.

you know, this is not how you thought your morning would go.

but it registers, however unpleasantly, that they're both probably right. you were trying to get into rin matsuoka's pants last night.

somehow, the news could have hit you harder and much more devastatingly.

you laugh. a single, loud HA.

a moment later you can't stop. leaning against the counter with tears in your eyes and a stinging in your ribs kind of laughter. it's so stupid.

"i talked so tough about how i wouldn't talk to him because that would feel like a betrayal to you guys." you wheeze, appalled at the next level bullshit you had gone through with yesterday.

makoto snorts now, and then so does gou. the three of you laugh loudly, over something so incredibly stupid.

"y/n," mako says through more laughter. "you didn't speak to him, you guys were doing more important things."

something about that comment has the three of your bursting with a renewed fit of laughter, seemingly endless in the morning sun, which filters in through your open living room curtains.

"nobody really cares if you're talking to him or not. you can be around whoever you choose." gou says once the laughter finally subsides, leaving you all heaving joyfully.

"i do." you say, letting out a huff of air. "it's not fair to makoto and the others." you shrug, a simple gesture.

makoto gives you a soft smile, reaching across the counter to pay your head fondly. "i knew you'd say something like that." 

gou nods in agreement, sharing the same appreciative smile. "you're just too loyal for that."