1

"are you sure, y/n?"

you sighed for the seventh time in the last five minutes of this conversation, it was as if the same answer you'd been giving the group for four years could never seem to get through their heads well enough.

"believe me, mako. i'm quite sure." you assured your friend again, keeping up your quick pace as you tried to keep up with nagisa's excited speed walking.

"i don't think you really hate rin, y/n!" nagisa offered a warm smile with his cheerfully spoken words, pulling yet another dramatic sigh from your lips.

"i cant believe you jerks dragged me out here with you. i'm starting to wish i had just canceled my plans yesterday and gone to the old swimming place instead." you groaned, continuing to complain about this situation, just as you had been since the three of your friends brought up this stupid idea.

if only i had just gone home after school

but alas, you were nearly at sumezuka academy, and you could see the streetlights bathing the walls of the prestigious school in yellow light from the path you were walking down.

"it'll be fun! we know you love adventures, so i don't see the problem!" nagisa argued, drawing a smile from you as you laughed at his encouraging words.

"i do, you're right about that. but i have no desire to see rin again, or i might just try to drown him." your cold spoken threat did little to sway to the group, and nagisa nodded quickly, bounding ahead towards the big school.

"you're not really that angry are you?" makoto tried again, glancing at you from the corner of his emerald green eyes.

your eyebrows furrowed at the question, almost the same question as usual, just asked in a different way.

"let's just say, that i can already feel my rage, and i haven't even seen him yet." you ground out through gritted teeth, turning to haruka who stared blankly ahead of himself, seemingly uninterested in your conversation.

you stopped by a window looking down into the pool area, where the sumezuka swim team was practicing, swimming back and forth across the length of the water.

"haru-haru stop!" you shouted at the blue eyes male, grabbing his hands away from the buttons on his shirt, which he had already begun to undo.

"i came here to swim." he stated stoically, as if that little explanation would justify his stripping.

"haru, you cant just fuckin' strip down outside!" nagisa pouted, shaking his head disapprovingly at haruka, who shrugged noncommittally.

"well we cant just go in there, so what do we do?" makoto questions, turning to the group with a quizzical expression and a hand on his hip.

the typical mischievous smirk you wore plastered itself onto your lips, and the
trouble-making gleam in your eye shone intensely.

nagisa seemed to notice, for he too bore the smirk of mischief, and the two of you shared a high five.

"we break in!" you shouted, pumping a fist in the air as nagisa cheered on your genius.

needless to say, after a little convincing the four of you found yourselves in the pool area after dark, haruka already having stripped down to his swimsuit was diving in, and nagisa now wore a pout.

"what's wrong nagisa?" makoto questioned, tilting his head at the blond in concern. "you look upset."

nagisa let out a frustrated huff, turning to point at you with his index finger, waving it at you desperately. "we can't skinny dip if she's here!"

you choked out a surprised laugh, and continued until you were nearly doubled over, hand on your stomach. "don't let me stop you!" you shouted, already beginning to strip down to your bra and underwear yourself. "you don't see me hesitating, do you?"

nagisa let out a cheer, but still seemed unsure, and makoto looked nearly traumatized. "is it really okay for a girl to-"

you barked out another laugh and reached to undo his tie. "for fucks sake, live a little!" you grinned, feigning undoing his tie for him, and shoving him into the water.

"y/n-!"

you and nagisa giggled, and the two of you jumped in after makoto, who broke the surface with a gasp.

the next few minutes were spent laughing and shoving each other, while haru calmly floated a little ways away.

"what the hell is going on here?" a voice called from behind you, and you spun around to face the owner quickly, an unimpressed look on your face as you turned to greet the intruder.

all explanatory lies died on your tongue when you met eyes with none other than rin matsuoka, and your narrowed your eyes in growing rage.

"you should swim with us, rin!" nagisa smiled, but you could tell by the look in rin's eyes that he had no intention of being friendly.

"no. get out." was his cold response, and you were quick to comply, a small smirk dancing on your lips.

you ran a hand through your wet hair, and pulled yourself out of the swimming pool, adjusting your bra straps as you stood straight.

rims eyes widened slightly as he took in the sight of your undergarments, but he turned his head away just as quickly.

"who knew you losers could still make friends with a girl." he huffed, lighting your anger further. you stomped up the red haired boy, grabbing firmly by the jacket and pulling him towards you.

"i'm gonna kill you, matsuoka."