Emotions

A/N

Hello everyone! Welcome back! So, this chapter ended up being longer than I intended. So long in fact, that I couldn't even fit everything in this chapter that I originally wanted to without making it way too long. So, I hope you enjoy it! Are y'all ready? Let's go!

Song Recs:

Start A Riot - BANNERS

Swimming In Stars - Wayfarers

------------------------------------

"I just ... I can't believe he hid this from me."

"That must have been a big shock. I can see why you're a bit frazzled."

Hyunjin and Kai had decided to get some extra practice for the dance competition coming up. It was a little over a week away, both of them wanting to be at peak performance the day of. They were currently taking a break, chugging down water in between deep breaths. Kai knew he needed to talk to someone about finding Taehyun and Beomgyu together and thought Hyunjin would be the best to talk to, the other always willing to listen and give advice.

"I just don't understand. After what happened that day I found him hurt at the bottom of the stairs, I swore to protect him, especially from Beomgyu. But now they're ... dating?" Kai was overwhelmingly confused, still trying to process everything himself. His hands lightly gripped his hair as he pulled at the strands.

"Hey." Hyunjin gently pulled Kai's hands away from the strands, a worried expression covering his face. "It's okay to be confused, especially after what you said happened to Taehyun a couple months ago. But there's no need to hurt yourself over this." Hyunjin watched as Kai looked towards the floor. "Maybe he's moved on."

It was as if Hyunjin hit a nerve, Kai's head immediately flying up to look directly in his eyes. "After what Beomgyu did? Never." Kai's eyes held some sort of fire that Hyunjin knew would take time to burn out.

"Kai," Hyunjin sighed, turning his body to fully face the boy, "I'm not sure Taehyun is the one that needs to move on here."

Kai huffed, rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms in front of himself defensively. Hyunjin knew the boy was only putting up an even taller barrier than he had before. He sighed before looking at the floor, exhausted both physically and mentally as he tried to get through to his friend across from him.

"At least talk to Taehyun. He deserves that, especially since you've been avoiding him."

Kai was ready to retort before he slowly fell back into himself, knowing that Hyunjin was right. Kai could do nothing but look at his hands as he thought about what to do. It was true that he'd been avoiding Taehyun since he caught the boy with Beomgyu, but he wasn't sure what to say. Even so, it was no doubt that he was missing his best friend.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. I just ... I don't even know where to start." Kai sighed, taking another drink of water before getting up slowly while he grunted from the effort. Hyunjin laughed slightly.

"Well, you have to start somewhere." Hyunjin watched as Kai continued wince as he stretched his sore muscles. "You're tired already? The competition is just over a week away. We can't have you losing energy already."

Kai laughed, placing his hands behind him on his lower back as he stretched. "Please, I'm just getting started."

Hyunjin smiled as he got the song queued up once more. Kai smiled as he got into position for the song to start, but his mind was still racing on what to do. He took a couple deep breaths to try and keep himself from thinking with his emotions only.