Off

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back with another Yeonbin chapter. But here's a heads up: this chapter gets a little ... heavy to say the least. Be sure to grab your tissues, blankets, and favorite snacks ahead of time, because this chapter is gonna be rough. Also, I want to mention a trigger warning as well:

TW!!// Physical altercation

If you're uncomfortable with some minor physical altercation, please don't hesitate to contact me, and I can get you the chapter without that content or just give you a summary of the chapter without that content. Please don't hesitate to ask!!

As always, I hope y'all enjoy it!! Buckle in, and here we go! =^_^=

----------------------------------

"Yeonjun. He's ... he's here. Your son is here."

Soobin could see Yeonjun's parents thinking over what Soobin just said, both of them in shock and disbelief. Soobin looked at Yeonjun to see the man relaxing, as if a large weight had been taken off his shoulders. However, Soobin continued to hold his breath, waiting for any type of reaction from the two in front of him.

Soobin honestly couldn't remember the last time he told anyone that he could see and understand the dead, at least those stuck in purgatory. Ever since he was little, he had hidden that part of him away, ignoring it as if the fact that it made him different was a curse. Yet, here he was, telling two strangers that he could see those that they couldn't.

"S-Soobin, please. This ... this isn't funny." Yeonjun's mom looked hopeful yet apprehensive, as if she wanted nothing more than for what Soobin was saying to be true.

"I'm telling the truth. Please, you have to believe me." Soobin knew he looked desperate, but his anxiety made it almost impossible to look Yeonjun's parents in the eyes.

"You do understand what you're asking us to believe, right?"

Soobin looked up to see Yeonjun's father, his mouth turned into a straight line. He was hard to read, but Soobin was sure he saw anger on the surface. But if he looked a little deeper, he could see an inkling of hope, hope that their son really was in the room.

"I know. It sounds absolutely crazy, but—"

"It is crazy. And you ..." Yeonjun's mom looked towards her husband before looking back at Soobin. "... you expect us to believe you?"

"Y-yes. Well, no? I honestly ... I don't know." Soobin began to lose confidence, now looking back at his hands under the table. "He wanted me to tell you."

"Who? Yeonjun?" Soobin's father stood up, scoffing before slowly pacing the area around his dining chair. "Soobin, I know you're probably grieving as his friend, but he's gone."

"I-I know he's gone. But he's here, I swear." His voice became softer towards the end, his anxiety rising. Soobin was becoming desperate, but he couldn't find the energy to get out of his seat, the confidence to look them in the eye.

"Soobin, please. Sweetie, this is nonsense." Yeonjun's mom began standing up, still having some hope in her eyes but trying to be realistic about the situation.

"He's telling the truth! I'm here! I'm right here!" Soobin couldn't help but look at Yeonjun, tears flowing down his cheeks as he screamed at the top of his lungs.