Blurry

A/N

Hey everyone! So, this chapter is gonna be slightly shorter than usual, since I wanted to end it at a certain spot. Get ready for a little angst haha. Hope you enjoy it! =^_^=

----------------------------------------------------

My head ... it's aching. I haven't had a headache this bad in a long time. And my body ... it hurts. Why am I in so much pain.

Taehyun grunted slightly as he started to gain consciousness. He had a hard time opening his eyes, the harsh light pounding into his eyes. The difference between the darkness he was in and the light of the room cause his eyes to squint harshly, blinking a couple times in hopes to adjust his vision.

After his eyes began to adjust, he tried looking around the room in hope of understanding what was going on. However, he only had enough strength to move his head slightly. His eyes were still squinting as his eyes were taking a long time to adjust. As he looked around, he began to panic.

Where am I? How did I get here? What ... what happened earlier? I don't remember anything after ... the cafeteria. Why can't I remember anything?

Taehyun's breathing began to increase, the panic starting to set in. His heart began to pick up speed, his brain just now registering that a machine was monitoring his heart rate to his right. The beeping of the machine allowed him to recognize his panic faster than usual.

Okay, Taehyun. Your heart is beating way too fast. We need to calm it down. Just ... breathe slower. Man, that's way easier said than done. And I still have no idea where I am. I think ... I think I'm about to have a panic attack.

Taehyun's heart rate continued to pick up speed, his breathing becoming harsher and heavier as his head tried looking around faster for any clues. He felt like he couldn't breathe, his lungs struggling for air. He quickly looked to his left, his breathing stopping entirely.

"K-Kai?"

Taehyun took in the sight of his friend, the man's head laying on top of his hands as he slept. He was sitting in a chair with his head and forearms on the bed. By the looks of it, Kai had been next to him for a while. Taehyun always told Kai how handsome he was, but with the sunlight shining in through the window, it only accentuated his soft features.

Just as Taehyun was looking from the window to Kai, being sure that he wasn't imagining the boy there, Kai's eyes began to crease as he grunted slightly. Taehyun could tell Kai was waking up, the boy's eyes fluttering open as he yawned.

"Hyun, you're awake. I'm glad."

It was obvious to Taehyun that the boy sounded tired, as if he had stay up throughout most of the night watching him. Taehyun was worried about him but still didn't understand what happened the night before after the cafeteria incident. Taehyun watched as Kai got up and headed towards the door. Taehyun gripped the bed sheets, anxious about the man leaving him. As if Kai could sense Taehyun's early distress, he gripped the doorknob and looked towards the man in bed.

"I'm just grabbing the nurse. They need to know you're awake now."

Taehyun nodded as Kai smiled, slowly leaving the room before closing the door. Taehyun let go of a sigh he didn't realize he was holding, laying his head back in the pillow as he tried to remember anything from the night before. Before he could replay the events in his head, Kai came into the room followed by a nurse.