「 𝟑𝟒 」

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

"You can't, Y/N. Your life is at stake if you start this again." He tries to reason, but you don't listen.

You know it's an incredibly stupid idea to get yourself involved again, but you can't leave them behind. It's not fair for them. Jungkook has been protecting you for this long, so the least you can do is save him and the rest.

"I don't have my memories, I don't remember my family, and I can't recall the most important of things. I'm sick and tired of waiting for something to trigger my past, so I've just been stuck these past four years while waiting for something to happen, and it hasn't. I'm doing this, regardless of what you try to say to convince me not to. I'm done living this way."

Before he can say anything, his phone suddenly rings in his pocket. He pulls out the device and answers it slowly.

"Hello... honey," he breathes, and for some reason, it pisses you off that he's talking to her so sweetly. He smiles over the phone. "Yeah, I'll be home sometime tomorrow." He continues, while you fight the urge to rip the phone out of his hand and curse at her for doing this to you and harming so many others.

He's probably only being nice since his life is on the line. Knowing what you've been told today, you know how crazy Ashlynn is, so you can't blame him for putting on a front.

"Hold on one second," he pulls the phone away and hands it to you. "Here," Jungkook whispers to you.

You furrow your brows in confusion, then gently push the phone away. "I don't want to talk to her—"

"Just listen," he urges with a soft smile.

You don't understand, but you carefully take the phone out of his hand and put it against your ear.

Listening closely, you suddenly hear the sound of soft humming over the phone.

Your breath catches in your throat, and the person on the other side stops humming. You can feel your heart racing in your chest because you have nothing to say to this woman.

When she softly clears her throat, you hear a voice you weren't expecting at all.

"Hello? Are you still there, daddy? Did you listen to my song?"

Your eyes widen tenfold, and you're handing the phone back to him and standing abruptly.

"I'm sorry, but I can't," you fight the words because you don't know what to say.

You grab your things and make your way to the exit of the building, while he's calling after you.

"Y/N, wait!" He calls while grabbing his coat and running after you once you exit the cafe doors. You hear him say goodbye over the phone while trying to catch up to you.

You quickly rush outside of the cafe, letting the cool wind hit your face all at once while running down the street. He still follows desperately.

"I need to be alone!" You shout while standing on the edge of the street, standing beside the pedestrian walkway.

You face him with a few feet distance in between the both of you. He stands there out of breath with an uncertain look on his face when the white cloud of air leaves his lungs.

"Wait, just listen to me first. I wasn't trying to upset you. She called, and I wanted you to—"

"To what? You tell me how close we were, explained what we went through, and then you drop a big surprise that you have a daughter! It's even worse because it's her child!" At this point, you don't know who you're more mad at. You know it's just your emotions, but you can't understand it.

How the hell were you supposed to act? You don't remember anything, so your mind is an absolute mess right now.

He told you sweet words earlier. He said he cares about you and has been helping protect you from Ashlynn all these years. He said he doesn't go a day without thinking about you, and you can't recall any of the moments you shared.

While he told you those pretty words, you found out he has a daughter with her. Even if it was forced, it would hurt anyone, especially you since you can't remember how you felt towards him.

You don't know how to react to this, so you just need to be alone for a while.

"I'm sorry," then you rush across the street, mind too far gone in thought to notice the speeding vehicle.

You wipe your nose and eyes, trying to maintain your emotions, while he stands on the other side of the street.

He watches after you, and suddenly, you hear him scream your name.

You see the bright headlights of the car speeding your way, and before you have time to move, someone grabs you and pushes you down to the ground. Your head hits the pavement, and you hear the sound of the crash right after.

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈