Kai could sense the warmth of the sun, the fire within him burning furiously, and yet, it flickered as if it was just a newly lit spark.

Cole sensed the earth shift beneath him, the soft trembles of the ever changing pebbles and even to the deep cracks far off in the rocky canyons. Soft and yet so destructive.

Slowly, the all opened their eyes and saw a sight that would be something they could never compare to anything else. All around them was a strange light in their respective colors. It was as if seeing the Northern Lights, but during the day and not in the north. 

"Whoa! This is crazy." Jay said, reaching one of his hands up to touch the gentle blue color of the light.

"It's so magical." Kai said smiling as the light continued to travel around him.

"This is what you've been able to see during your sessions with Anirei, Lloyd?" Zane asked.

Lloyd nodded, "Yeah. It's always relaxing to watch... but, Rei..."

They all turned towards Anirei and saw her with her eyes still closed and two lights surrounding her. A shadow, and a bright white light. They were intertwined, snapping at each other as if they were fighting for dominance over Anirei. Her face was was contorted in pain and stress, her hands shaking and her necklace jingling with the force of the two fighting lights.

"What's wrong with her?" Cole asked.

"Should we snap her out of it?" Kai asked, shifting to wake her from her meditation, but Lloyd stopped him.

"Don't!" He said, pulling Kai back to the floor, "You can't bother her when she's like this."

"Why not?" Kai asked, "She doesn't look good at all."

"I tried to get Rei out of this state once, and when she did snap out of it, she told me to never interrupt a meditation like this. It won't end well for her."

The Ninja didn't know why she wouldn't want to broken from a state like that, but they didn't want to take any chances and allowed her to sit like that for a minute more. Slowly, the lights that surrounded the Ninja faded, and the lights around Anirei began to change.

The shadow slowly bled to white, and the white light slowly bled into a dark black color. They separated and then disappeared with Anirei letting out a single soft breath. She opened her eyes and the color of her blue irises were much brighter than before.

"Now, do you not feel much more relaxed and balanced?" She asked smiling, as if nothing had happened. The Ninja were confused, but their friend seemed to be well again, so they would save the questions for later.

Just then, the ground shook violently, throwing the Ninja all off balance, physically. They quickly stood up and turned on the news to see what the public was seeing.

"NGTV reporter Gayle Gossip on the scene of what appears to be an earthquake rocking the city of Ninjago." The reported said, "But it's an earthquake like no other, as scientists have yet to pinpoint the cause, and more frightening still, the aftershocks are getting stronger."

Cole looked down at his feet, the tremors of the earthquake flooding his entire body. As if he could feel the earth down his very core.

"I don't know what that meditation thing did, but I can feel the earth on a deeper level. Something's shifting underground and it's not a natural thing." Cole said.

"Wouldn't be surprised if it was Garmadon." Kai commented, "We haven't seen him for a while."

"He would never." Misako said, running into the dojo with Sensei Wu, "Lloyd's father is evil, but he would never do anything to put his son in harm's way."