chapter twenty nine

Several months after Hayliegh told us about our mother wanting a family get together at the family beach house, Aryll and I got married a week ago today.

I had responded to a call when tragedy struck, I didn't remember how it happened but I found myself waking up in a hospital room with Aryll holding my hand while the sound of faint beeping rang in my ears.

I sat up rather quickly not realizing that I suffered with life threatening injuries which worried Aryll.

The doctor explained to me what happened and that I would have be forced to be on bed rest until my body healed completely which also meant that I wouldn't get to see the rest of my family during the vacation my mom had planned.

Aryll: thank you doctor.

Carlos: I am sorry if I worried you.

Aryll: I was worried but you're alive and that's all that matters to me.

Carlos: how is Jae and the baby?

Aryll: they are both with your sister, she insisted that they stay with her and not see you this way.

Carlos: what do you mean "they're with her?"

Aryll: you slipped into a coma and haven't woken up for two weeks, I gave birth while you were unresponsive.

Carlos: I am sorry that I wasn't there with you.

Aryll: it's okay babe, I know that this wasn't part of your plan.

Carlos: when I get home I will make it up to you.

Aryll: you don't have to do that, you're alive and that's enough for me.

Carlos: I love you Aryll.

Aryll: I love you too Carlos.

I was released two days later and had gotten visits from the other officers that I worked with along with my boss, I had thought hard about this decision and told him that I decided to get a safer job after I healed, we made a deal that I would work inside the office so I wouldn't go through the same predicament like I was in now.