"Are you okay?" The man asks to the side of you, and you nod softly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you admit and step closer in line.

The man suddenly steps in front of you, and he gestures to two seats next to the window of the shop when a couple stands up. "One hot chocolate, right?" He smiles while stepping closer in line.

"Pardon?"

"You want a hot chocolate too, right? Everyone is stepping in for one. Let me pay for yours... in exchange, sit down and talk with me."

"I really..."

Before you can protest, you see the happiness in his eyes, and for some reason, you can't reject him.

"Okay, one hot chocolate it is then." He smiles, while you leave the line and take your seat at the window. You remove your thick coat while considering if he's Jungkook or not.

Sunwoo said it was a possibility it could be him, but you're not for sure.

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

After a couple of minutes pass, he sits down with two cups of hot chocolate. He takes off his thick black coat and sits down next to you on the brown seat.

"Here's your drink," he places it in front of you gently so that it won't turn over and spill.

You thank him and watch the hot steam from the drink float above the cup and into the air.

"So... what's your name?" You find yourself asking while blowing the hot drink before taking a sip.

He doesn't respond for a moment, and then he parts his lips. "Come on, I'm sure you remember it if you think hard enough." He teases softly, blowing on his drink too.

"It's Jungkook, right? I saw you on the street the other day, and I suddenly thought of it." You admit.

He nods his head gently. "That's my name. I almost talked to you that day, but I decided I better not, so I quickly left before I changed my mind. Anyway, do you remember anything else before that night?"

You turn to him after hearing that. "You know about my amnesia?"

"Sunwoo told me before we lost contact. He called me a day after and told me you would be okay. After a few months, he called again and explained your amnesia, so we made a vow not to contact each other for your protection. We thought it would be better for you not to remember anything, even though it hurt to know you wouldn't remember me or the others."

"We had this plan going until Ashlynn was done with the game, but she, for some reason, got the urge to search for you again. Sunwoo called me last week and was asking questions, but I told him that she doesn't know anything as of now, so you both should be safe to carry on with your lives."

"Okay, that's a lot to process," you admit, and he agrees while taking a sip of his drink.

"I can only imagine. I'm sure you have more questions though, right?"

"Who's Ashlynn?" You don't hesitate to ask that question, and you both softly laugh from the urgency in your voice. 

"Well, you might know her by Victoria. That was her fake, or should I say stage, name. Her real name is Ashlynn. She's the woman that created the game, and she also was the one who hurt you. I don't know how much you know or remember, but I'm sure Sunwoo's told you some."

You gently laugh at that. "He's keeping most of it to himself. He told me a woman stabbed me, I'm a player in a game, and then he said that she doesn't like me because I got too close to someone. I'm not sure who, but I'm assuming it's you, right?"

He smiles again, and soon, he starts talking.

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

You spent a couple of hours talking about the past. He told you everything and little bit little you were learning more. He described what the levels were, what players do, about the prize level and so much more.

He told you about the very last time you each saw each other and what led up to that night. He told you about Namjoon's death, about Taehyung being taken, and how you had to watch everything in the room. He said that night alone could have been enough of a reason to cause such a severe case of amnesia from emotional shock, so that was why you couldn't recall much of anything.

After he explained everything, a part of you was glad not to have some of those memories back. Either way, you couldn't believe you were involved in something so dangerous.

"What happened to the game?" You find yourself asking, curious to know how it ended.

"It's still ongoing, but she took the bonus level out for all new players. Anyone that joins now can't be freed unless by an older player."

"So that means that I'm the last player from that time." You stare out of the window when he agrees. "I'm the only one who can save everyone. Since I'm an older player, then that means I can still win, right?" He agrees to that too.

"I'm not going to let you get around her or this game again. She almost killed you last time you were in the same room, so I can't imagine what she would do now."

"So I'm supposed to just forget about it and let thousands of people suffer from the likes of her? I can't do that, Jungkook. Memories or not, I'm not that low to let that many people be stuck in such a terrible situation if I can do something about it." You sigh, shutting your eyes for a moment. "I'm going to get prepared before I do anything rash. Last time I wasn't ready for her, but this time I will be, and if anyone's getting stabbed this time, it's going to be her."

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈