He rolls his eyes and takes a sip of the champagne pouring in some more before bringing his glass with him while stirring the pot "I have to make sure you don't poison my champagne," He says eyeing me.

"Why would—"

"I like summer, everything looks dead in winter." He doesn't let me finish.

"What about spring?"

"It's too colorful."

"And autumn?"

He stays silent thinking about it. It's like he's thinking of something to say on why he doesn't like it "It's boring? Like it's dead like winter but it tries to be nice like summer and it's just— annoying."

"I like autumn."

"What about winter?" He asks playing along.

"I like it too."

"Summer?"

I shrug cause nothing comes to mind.

"Spring?"

"I only like the flowers."

"Pasta is ready if you want to pass me the strainer," Another thing I've learned is that he likes to interrupt my thoughts!

I stand up from the stool and look around "And where would that be located?" I ask him as I continue to look around.

He looks behind him to look at me with the boiling pot in one of his hands "Umm I think I left it by the sink?"

I pass it to him and sit on the counter as I watch him strain the noodles to place them in a bowl. "You know you would be a lot of help if you would give me the ingredients?"

"Right, right!" I jump off the counter and go over to him waiting for him to tell me what to grab.

"Hold this really quick," He passes me the strainer and walks over to the stove and grabs a pan he had. I didn't even notice that pan till now?

He walks over to me, it's like a red mixture? It's not completely tomato sauce cause there's other things too. Looks like something Jade and Ivy would make. It looks good and smells good so that's good.

He pours whole milk and mixes it. "Shit," he murmurs under his breath and opens a cabinet to grab a cheese grinder and walks rapidly to the fridge and takes out some cheese. "Your phone is buzzing a lot," He mentions as he grinds some cheese onto the mixture.

I look over to my phone on the table lighting up "Anastasia?"

He shrugs and says "you can't read your phone from here?"

"I'm blind even with contacts so no."

He looks up from the mixture to my phone. He squints his eyes reading the name that pops up "I think it says Louis." Why would he be texting me right now? Shouldn't he be on a date tonight? "Louis from the finance department or another Louis?"

"Finance department,"

There's another buzz so he looks up to my phone again and stops mixing the mixture "Now it's from—" He stops trying to read the name "Cassidy?"

"Ohhh! She works at Barnes and Nobels, there were some books I wanted to buy but they didn't have them anymore so I told her to text me when they get them."

"What books were they?"

"Just some books,"

"I might have them, I have a good amount of books." He grabs the pasta bowl from my hand and pours the liquid inside.