ᴍᴀʟɪʙᴜ

Beginne am Anfang

"Mom." Vinnie sternly looked into the mirror to stare at his mom.

"It's okay! That's sweet." I gave Vinnie a small smile.

"Well i'm glad you're okay! I'm sure your parents were worried sick about you. I know I would've." Nate spoke.

"Oh. I hate to be a debby downer but my mom actually passed away when I was young. But my dad was there for me every single day." Vinnie placed his hand on my lower thigh to comfort me.

"I'm so sorry Kai. I didn't know that." Nate apologized.

"No it's okay! Not many people know that about me. I'm an open book, questions are just someone's guide to their personality." I turned my head and smiled at Nate.

Vinnie's parents fell asleep in the backseat as we drove to Malibu. I laid my head on Vin's shoulder as he drove and held onto his arm that was over my lap.

After 30 minutes of being stuck in the car we arrived at the restaurant. It was right off the beach and the sun was setting perfectly. It was so beautiful.

The waiter sat us at our table and we looker at the menu. As we sat reading, a little girl came up to our table with who I assume to be her mom.

"Are you Kailah Hayes?" The mom asked.

"Yeah I am!" I smiled at her.

"I wanna be just like you. I ride my bike all the time!" The little girl jumped.

"Oh my goodness! I bet you are the best rider! You wanna take a picture?!" I smiled big at her.

"Yes!" She cheered.

"Let's do it!" I carefully stood up and walked to an empty area to take pictures. This was my first fan experience.

VINNIE'S POV
"Vin. Vinnie? Vin? Vinnie Hacker!" My mom shouted across the table.

I had been starring hard at Kai. She looked so happy being asked for a picture. It was the most genuine smile I had seen on her face in a while. She could light up a whole room.

"Sorry. Just watching." I focused on my mom.

"You like her huh? I've never seen you look at someone that way." She smiled at me.

"Mom we're just friends. I just like seeing her happy. She's been through a lot." I watched as Kai took a silly picture with the little girl.

"Vinnie, friends don't act like you two do. I'm your mom, I know what you falling for someone looks like. I can tell she's special." She leaned into the table.

Just as we were about to start getting into a conversation, Kai walked back to the table.

KAILAH'S POV

"That was the sweetest thing I have ever experienced. That was my first fan!" I sat back down beside Vinnie.

"She was so cute!" Maria chimed in.

We sat and ate our dinner. Vinnie's parents offered to pay, while they did that Vinnie and I went to the railing close to the ocean and watched the sunset.

I watched as the wind blew his hair back and his nose grew red from the cool breeze. He was so pure and perfect.

"Vin, why didn't you just come see me when I first wrecked?" I looked over my shoulder at him.

"Because the guilt was just eating away at me. I felt like it was my fault when it happened. I wouldn't have been able to deal with myself if something happened to you." He looked out at the water and then at me.

"I'm fine now okay? None of it was ever your fault." I placed my hand on his arm.

He placed his hands softly on both sides of my cheeks. "I don't ever want to think about anything happening to you, okay? I need you here."

His eyes starred into mine and our lips finally colided. Everything felt normal again. I had my vin back.

We both pulled away and he wrapped me in s hug.

"You two kids ready?" Nate had a huge smirk on his face.

"Let's go." Vinnie groaned as we made our way back to the car.

AHHH I LOVE #Kinnie. THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR READING! BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS!