Chapter 13 - Hopelessness

Start from the beginning

["I'm more concerned with that shield! Do the Lourians have the technology to make complex armour? If so, once we finish them, NATO can more efficiently defend our homelands without our vehicle suffering much damage from those desert-hugging terrorists!"] A German commander responded.

["Well Chaps, firstly; we don't know when we will get back to feed them lead. And secondly; Judging from the fact that the others were easily felled, I think that the shield we're firing at is special. We probably need a Bigger gun to-."] An British tank commander said before a Spanish commander spoke through the comm.

["Don't want to disturb, But we have a multitude of Enemy forces enclosing on us."] a Spanish commander said. The German commander peaked out of his Leopard to see them all coming from various angles.

"Looks Its not just that shield hero person. It looks like they've finally learned and changed tactics. I'll send a request for for air support from the harbour to be sortied to clear the battlefield."

———~~———

With the message sent by Frederica, 5 Mil Mi-24 Gunships and 4 Tiger Attack helicopters on standby have taken off.
In addition, back at the camp several Self-propelled Howitzers on standby behind the, have raised their guns and also prepared for supporting fire.

—Capital Defense Knights—

Soldiers poured out from eight gates to defend the capital. Mounted knights, infantrymen, archers, and even mages all poured out of the gates and dispersed to meet their foes.

In the face of a powerful enemy, the officers of the Louria Kingdom deployed this desperate tactic, knowing that it will most likely prove useless: human-wave tactics. Using overwhelming numbers, their force leveraged the inherent advantage in outnumbering their foes. If they could emerge victorious here, they would have proven that they could work against any enemy.

The wave of more than Ten thousand people swallowed the grassy plains in a tremendous avalanche. The highly motivated soldiers all rushed towards the enemies that were just ahead. One of the mounted knights, Sawken, readied his lance as he pushed forward with his horse.

When the 32nd Troop and the Heavy Infantry Battalion were eradicated, he stood frozen in fear. However, when he saw the single man defiantly stand against the enemy attack, his sense of determination reawakened.

There was simply no way that their outnumbered enemy could stand up against their gigantic horde. Even if they were to use their powerful breath once more, they'd likely run out of magic before they could eradicate them all. Their powerful army, already in the tens of thousands, was charging ahead. As far as the eye can see, he could only see a wave of soldiers running towards their enemy.

"Wait! What is that?!" One of the Knights yelled as he staggered in his advance.

Multiple things were in the distant sky, moments pass until they all released streams of light. When several streaks meteor-showered upon them a large chunk of his comrades were swallowed by smoke, dispersing fragments of flesh and red splatter throughout the vicinity.

Then soon after arrows of light, rained down on them one after another. They all seemed to encapsulate an intense volume of explosion magic, landing within the extensive vicinity of Sawken and exploding. erasing his comrades from existence.

Straining his eyes on the direction from where the arrows of light came from, he saw 9 insect-like objects hovering high in the sky, five were comparably enormous than the other four. They all produced roaring noise followed by distinct chopping amidst it. They relentlessly continued Launching even more arrows of light without mercy and without hesitation, reducing their numbers even more.