77: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

Yes they had a rough first meeting as Magdalene unknowingly died but it did not took long for him to bare his fangs to any other hands that tried to reach out to Dream.

Dream does not want to believe that the perfect couple that she hears story about from the people around her will just go up and leave their own child. Moreover their first child.

But then again, Dream who was a first child in her former life suffered quite a bit more compare to her younger sibling, simply because of being born first.

Are her parents here the same? They regretted their actions after their first child was born?

But then, why Magdalene gave birth to her.

Dream massaged her head. There are so many questions and they just keep on piling up.

"Child ...."

Dream flinched, she forgot about Night as she was in a really deep thought.

"Don't think too hard. We do not know the truth and all I said were hypothesis."

"Y-you are right."

Night sighed after noticing the old shadows of this young soul started resurfacing. Night realized, that parents, no more accurately, family is the trigger of this young soul's sadness.

"You know, it doesn't mean your parents are bad, just because they left a child in another Country."

Dream looked back to Night.

"Whether it was their child or not, the best course probably at that time is to leave the child behind. As I said Cloverians are overly obsessive with the seal and I meant not only the Clover seal. That Spadian child might had grew way better than anyone because no one would treat that child any better than those Cloverians. Also the spell is not easy to do, so for sure that child wanted the barrier to protect the Country which raised him. If he was born in Clover, inspite of having Spadian blood, Clover is his home. And just like you, his royal blood is responsible to protect his own people."

Night is absolutely right. Also he is right that they do not have the knowledge of the whole story. Dream remembered that her father adamantly refused of her leaving Spade and it might be the same for the Spade seal bearer. She is not so sure whether that person is related to her but she kind of feel ticklish when she thinks of the Spade seal bearer. She feels warm inside. It might be because, even if she have the Clover seal, she still have Spadian blood running in her veins. The Spadian blood might have a sweet spot for the seal bearer.

At the same time, Ace is also thinking of the same.

He is taking a break from work after one of his people started groveling on the ground and refused to get up unless Ace move away from his desk.

Ace walked around the Castle of Clover. And through the windows, Ace could see the vast garden. The ones that used to be beautiful trees and flowers were now slowly tilting and drying. The land is dying to keep up the barrier that protect Clover from the outside.

The dying flowers reminded of the sister that he never met. He is regretting of his decision of not meeting her.

The Crown Prince of Spade, Kahel, urged Ace to at least see his younger sibling once the two men got closer, however, Ace refused to step a foot inside the Spade Country. The Country which killed his mother.

Now being older, he realized that his excused was petty. If his mother heard him, she would be mad at him.

As matter of fact, even when he got separated from his parents when he was young, his mother who always join the King of Spade to his expeditions, never fail to visit him.